6.4 Tailpipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SgtCookeUSMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI Power Wagon
Good morning folks. I am trying to install my muffler delete on my 21 PW from GotExhaust. Got everything loose and no luck. So i thought I'd remove the tail pipe hanger in hopes that i could just slide everything backwards. I can not figure out how to even get to that hanger. Anyone run into this? Got tips or suggestions? I'd hate to visit a shop if I don't have to.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
I lubed my hangers with silicone spray and pushed the muffler section as far forward as a could while pulling the back part with the resonator towards the back, it came apart right behind the muffler. This was on my CCLB hemi, It was a sweaty fight though, good amount of cussing. Also sprayed the joints with kroil the night before. If I remember right I was had to get the hangers off the muffler to get some droop before I was able to actually get the exhaust sections split apart.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took my spare tire out and took the heat shield off to get better access to the hanger for the tailpipe. I had everything lubed up the day before, and it still was a bit of a pain in the butt. I got everything moved enough where it should come out, but had to tap or hit the OEM muffler with a sledge hammer to get it all to slide and finally come apart. It is not the easiest, but it isn't the worst thin ever.