6.4 truck intake swap to 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok installed the 6.4 truck intake, has 6.4 injectors with JG tune , 87mm TB with s&b cai, I relearned the TB , and downloaded tune prior to start up , I proceeded to start up truck fired right sounded good ,my AFI looked normal so proceeded to drive home ,when I got home truck just died going up drive way ,I proceeded to start it again and just turned over until I give it gas and it starts up,in park its idling at 900 to 1100 rpm, in drive it is 1200 to 1500 rpm's are moving up and down at times it wants to cut out and die. Ok so I have replaced the port gaskets on intake torqued in right sequence at 105 inlbs, I've did a vaccum leak test its reading 17 hg ,I've sprayed carb starter fluid all over ,TB intake,vaccum hoses, checked for cuts and abrasions on lines ,no codes I'm baffled please help thanks for any suggestions or thoughts sorry for it being a novel

OP
OP
Jason M

Jason M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes sure did,its not the tune ,and all the reply's are things I've done

OP
OP
Jason M

Jason M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes on both of your questions, 100 percent not the tune,and done already what people are are suggesting on Facebook threads

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
@Moab_Rockstar

Posted this about throttle relearn.

After a battery disconnect, you should also cycle the ignition from off to run about 7-10 times without starting. This will relearn your pedal adaptive.

To do a throttle learn, cycle the key from off to run (don't start the engine), and wait about 5 seconds. As the fuel pump runs, throttle will also perform a spring test. The throttle blade will perform a full open sweep to learn a number of values for throttle position.

I have a feeling patients and a couple attempts at this should cure the hiccup. I'm sure you've gone over your install with a find tooth comb so it can only be the throttle position causing issue. With technology if the first attempt doesn't fix it, disconnect and perform the steps again.

OP
OP
Jason M

Jason M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I have done a relearn on the TB,but only did it three times,its at the mechanic shop right now,he asked me to bring in my stock TB ,he also tried the relearn also a few times also ,thought I would of heard something today I was baffled so took it to my mechanic.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yes on both of your questions, 100 percent not the tune,and done already what people are are suggesting on Facebook threads

What makes you a 100% certain it's not the tune,ya i know you got Jay tuning it,but that doesn't mean it still can't be in the tune.What's your A/FR gauge saying?

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Yep Rick is correct......info on the 6.4 injectors may not have made it to Jay or could have been missed in tune because it is a 5.7............even though it is 6.4 injectors.....size comes into play also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jason M

Jason M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not 100 percent sure but jay told me it's not the tune but again ,yes you could be right , my mechanic is wanting to talk to him and send another one ,my afr believe its jumping around 12-14

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I'm not 100 percent sure but jay told me it's not the tune but again ,yes you could be right , my mechanic is wanting to talk to him and send another one ,my afr believe its jumping around 12-14

At idle?? If so that's way to to rich