6.4L Cam Experiences / Testimonials

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I have my 6.4L out of my 2500 Ram ATM, had a bad / weak lifter that was causing all kinds of racket.
Anyways so just in the process of collecting parts and I I'm looking at massaging this thing a little while I got it out. Looking at doing a MDS delete and cam swap (have headers and a couple other things on the list as well). So from looking around it seems like the popular choices (at least for the 5.7Ls) seems to be between the MMX, Comp Cams, and Green Racing cams. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with a cam swap on a 6.4L, seems like there's a couple out there, but very few real "real world" reviews that I can find, but I know they're obviously a bit fewer and far between. I tow almost exclusively with this, so I'm really looking for a flatter torque curve and more on the bottom end, the only cam that specifically mentions that is the MMX 6.4L BGE cam, but again I'm not sure maybe there's something better.
If anyone can chime in with their experience(s) that would be awesome, thanks!

Also if someone has experience with the comp cams lifters vs "hellcat lifters" that would be great as well, from the pictures they look a bit better (similar in design to the johnson ones), but maybe the Chrysler ones are the way to go, idk.

Thanks!

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know Flyin' Ryan ships up here to Alberta ;)

Hellcat lifters all the way. I wouldn't touch anything else. You also need your PCM unlocked and HP Tuners

Checkout the High Performance Ram FB page. lots of 6.4 posts on there. Just buy everything at once with whoever you choose to tune your truck as they will send you a startup tune as well.