6.4L engine Block Heater?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
it be nice to have it on those few weeks of below zero days in Michigan. It would make me feel better. I was told that a lot of times manufactures will put the element in the block and all you have to do is go buy an wire to plug into it.

anyone know?

Last edited:

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
I dont believe the 6.4 has a block heater. I dont think they need it...

2012clifford_dually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I added the wire on my 6.7, it was really easy. But I'm not sure about the 6.4, that being said it hasn't been cold enough in the last couple years here in Southern PA. It is nice that it doesn't take as long for the heater to be putting out hot air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Block heater on my 6.4L. I think almost every Canadian sold vehicle has one now as part of the "Canada" specs.

Check on the side of the block, if the element is already there, the cord is really all you need.

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Block heater on my 6.4L. I think almost every Canadian sold vehicle has one now as part of the "Canada" specs.

Check on the side of the block, if the element is already there, the cord is really all you need.

ill take a look but i cant promise that i know what im looking for. LOL

MN-Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I have one on my 2015 Tradesman. I believe I have the plow prep package though. I used it during the really cold stretch last winter. The started seemed a little easier and it warmed up a couple minutes faster.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score

Are you saying that all the 6.4L have the heater element installed? And, all you need to do is plug it in?

That would be great - if so, what am I looking for.

On the Ram site when you are configuring a truck it is an add on option for $95.00
http://www.ramtrucks.com/hostc/bmo/...essionKey=2016-07-25 17:36:01.591#/powertrain

Last edited:

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has one.

Makes cold weather starts easier.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Mine did come with the snowplow prep package. Have to double check my options but I'm pretty sure it did

Edited auto correct

Last edited:

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Are you saying that all the 6.4L have the heater element installed? And, all you need to do is plug it in?

That would be great - if so, what am I looking for.

On the Ram site when you are configuring a truck it is an add on option for $95.00
http://www.ramtrucks.com/hostc/bmo/...essionKey=2016-07-25 17:36:01.591#/powertrain
I can't say for sure. Just check for it or ask the parts counter. I was sure I had heard that they are already installed but you needed the tail from the heater.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
all the cummins motors have them. just need to add the cord if its missing. not sure if the 6.4 is the same way, but i doubt it. my 6.4 has the heater, never used it.

Buckfat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016-2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Can you add a pic for the 6.4. Where it is located.

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
6.4L w/ 4:10
My has it as well due to my location.
I cannot see the engine builder not installing the element in certain motors based on which truck it will be installed in, so I am sure the element is there and just needs the cord.

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
id be interested in a pic or description that leads us in the right direction of were to look. Im assuming it is on the front of the block in a location were a plug might have been in the coolant jacket. thats just a guess from what i heard of as iv never seen one in person.

they do heat the coolant and not the oil anymore correct?

avolnek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 CCLB
Engine
I'd be curious to see a pic of this too... Would be completely new to me to see a hemi with a block heater. Not calling anyone a liar, just never witnessed such...

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I have looked into this myself awhile back. Basically, your window sticker is going to say if you have a block heater installed or not. If installed as part of a regional package like Canada or some northern states, then "Engine Block Heater" is going to be listed in the standard equipment section of the window sticker. If an installed paid for option, then it will be listed in the option side.

Mopar Parts diagram shows it installed in the drivers side aft freeze plug location. I have checked my truck which does not list the engine block heater as either standard or an option on my window sticker, and it is not there on my truck. So basically if you got a engine block heater and not listed on the sticker, you got an assembly error freebie.

i2317780.jpg

Last edited:

opie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine has one as well. The plug will be ******* behind the bumper near where the tow hook is/would be on the passenger side.

I'd take pics but truck is in the body shop.

Sent from a field

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
thanks for the help guys. will let you know what i find.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I have looked into this myself awhile back. Basically, your window sticker is going to say if you have a block heater installed or not. If installed as part of a regional package like Canada or some northern states, then "Engine Block Heater" is going to be listed in the standard equipment section of the window sticker. If an installed paid for option, then it will be listed in the option side.

Mopar Parts diagram shows it installed in the drivers side aft freeze plug location. I have checked my truck which does not list the engine block heater as either standard or an option on my window sticker, and it is not there on my truck. So basically if you got a engine block heater and not listed on the sticker, you got an assembly error freebie.

I saw that diagram which show the heater element on the driver's side rear.

And what confuses me is that people are saying the extension cord comes out near the oil filter which is on the passenger side front on the 6.4L.