6.4L engine Block Heater?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
Here are the part numbers to install the engine block heater. I know this works on at least the 2017-2018 6.4, but I would assume it is the same for all years of the 6.4.

HEATER 68225550AA
BOLT 6501373
CORD 68219820AA

I found all 3 of them on Moparpartsgiant.com for about $139.00. Also found the element on rock auto. If anyone knows the best place to get these from let me know.

Thinking about Loctite Marine Grade High Temp Anti Seize. Waterproof and can handle all the heat you can throw at it.

Those of you with the block heater, where and how is the cord routed and what does it attach to. I want to route it as close to factory location as possible. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blackcloud6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here are the part numbers to install the engine block heater. I know this works on at least the 2017-2018 6.4, but I would assume it is the same for all years of the 6.4.

HEATER 68225550AA
BOLT 6501373
CORD 68219820AA

I found all 3 of them on Moparpartsgiant.com for about $139.00. Also found the element on rock auto. If anyone knows the best place to get these from let me know.

Thinking about Loctite Marine Grade High Temp Anti Seize. Waterproof and can handle all the heat you can throw at it.

Those of you with the block heater, where and how is the cord routed and what does it attach to. I want to route it as close to factory location as possible. Thanks.

Any update on how your install went?
I went to put mine in on Saturday and it appears that either the necessary angle can't be made because of the exhaust system or a bump on the back of the starter casting is in the way.

Oh- mine came with the bolt already in the block heater part too. ;)

R.D.J.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Any update on how your install went?
I went to put mine in on Saturday and it appears that either the necessary angle can't be made because of the exhaust system or a bump on the back of the starter casting is in the way.

Oh- mine came with the bolt already in the block heater part too. ;)

Exhaust shouldnt impede, but the starter has to be unbolted and shifted out of the way to install. No big deal, plenty to real estate to just unbolt the starter and suspend with a bungee.

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Exhaust shouldnt impede, but the starter has to be unbolted and shifted out of the way to install. No big deal, plenty to real estate to just unbolt the starter and suspend with a bungee.

Did not realize was buy the starter. Thanks.

OP
OP
U&A

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
so any info on how the cord was routed to the front of the truck?

InvictusII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Very nice write-up. :favorites13:

So have you had a chance to try it out?