6.4L Hemi Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
I’m running the Solo Exhaust Delete Kit. I love it.
Here’s a short video of it at warm idle.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

Sounds awesome. Honestly I love loud exhaust, but the wife and 9 month old don’t, so I gotta keep it low enough for them. I had a Roush exhaust
On my 5.0 F-150 and it was straight up NASCAR sounding, haha, but I couldn’t take the nagging anymore about how loud it was so I put it back to stock and drive it like that a while before I sold it.

If I could have anything I want, I’d have long tubes, catted, with true duals featuring an X pipe, and probably twin aero turbines, but as it stands I’ll probably go with a Flowmaster 50 HD, Solo MR400 Muffler Swap, or a MUFFLEX delete and splice in a muffler just don’t know which one. Tempted to try the Flowmaster because it will be lowest cost and if I decide I don’t like it I can always sell the unit on the forum because I’ll build it to be a drop in muffler swap just like what’s on the market, and try something else.

Has anyone removed the flapper in the stock muffler? Or at least know where it is located? Anyone have a stock muffler they’d let go that I could hack up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Sounds awesome. Honestly I love loud exhaust, but the wife and 9 month old don’t, so I gotta keep it low enough for them. I had a Roush exhaust
On my 5.0 F-150 and it was straight up NASCAR sounding, haha, but I couldn’t take the nagging anymore about how loud it was so I put it back to stock and drive it like that a while before I sold it.

If I could have anything I want, I’d have long tubes, catted, with true duals featuring an X pipe, and probably twin aero turbines, but as it stands I’ll probably go with a Flowmaster 50 HD, Solo MR400 Muffler Swap, or a MUFFLEX delete and splice in a muffler just don’t know which one. Tempted to try the Flowmaster because it will be lowest cost and if I decide I don’t like it I can always sell the unit on the forum because I’ll build it to be a drop in muffler swap just like what’s on the market, and try something else.

Has anyone removed the flapper in the stock muffler? Or at least know where it is located? Anyone have a stock muffler they’d let go that I could hack up?

It’s not really loud inside the truck and no drone to speak of. My wife don’t like loud pipes either unless it’s my Harley.
I still have the resonator in. You could keep your resonator in place and do the Delete Kit.
The Solo is less than $200 and a direct bolt on. No welding. It also uses the factory mounts and rubbers.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

I still have the stock muffler. I’d sell it to ya. Don’t know a price though. PM with an offer. It’s listed in the for sale section

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
It’s not really loud inside the truck and no drone to speak of. My wife don’t like loud pipes either unless it’s my Harley.
I still have the resonator in. You could keep your resonator in place and do the Delete Kit.
The Solo is less than $200 and a direct bolt on. No welding. It also uses the factory mounts and rubbers.

Can you talk on the phone and not have issues hearing or being heard? Do you have any in cab videos cruising? Is it irritating when MDS kicks in?

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Yes and no and no

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Whether you do a muffler delete or a much smaller muffler leaving the resonator in significantly helps keep the drone in check. It's ugly but it works.

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
So I've got it down the either the Solo MR400 kit or a Flowmaster 50 Big Block. The flowmaster BB is their quietest muffler. Just trying to decide if it will be too quiet. Might just get the MR400 and see what it sounds like. I guess the worst case scenario is I dont like it and sell it and try something else. My main goal here is the MPG improvement I would get over the stock muffler with flapper valve, and just a tiny bit of sound so its not quite a sowing machine any more.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
So I've got it down the either the Solo MR400 kit or a Flowmaster 50 Big Block. The flowmaster BB is their quietest muffler. Just trying to decide if it will be too quiet. Might just get the MR400 and see what it sounds like. I guess the worst case scenario is I dont like it and sell it and try something else. My main goal here is the MPG improvement I would get over the stock muffler with flapper valve, and just a tiny bit of sound so its not quite a sowing machine any more.

Contact Nick at gotexhaust.com
He’s a preferred vendor here and an awesome man to deal with. His customer service is outstanding.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I can get you set up with either one.

The Flowmsters all drone and are all a lesser quality than solo. Many people love the distinct sound of a flowmaster but unfortunately they all drone and dont hold up all that well. Also chambered mufflers are proven to rob hp, straight thru mufflers like the MR400 flow much better. Its a big part of the reason why we contacted Solo to build that muffler kit for us. I know the Roush kit you had on your F150. The delete kit and the MR400 are quieter at cruise than the Roush kit is on the 5 liter.

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
I can get you set up with either one.

The Flowmsters all drone and are all a lesser quality than solo. Many people love the distinct sound of a flowmaster but unfortunately they all drone and dont hold up all that well. Also chambered mufflers are proven to rob hp, straight thru mufflers like the MR400 flow much better. Its a big part of the reason why we contacted Solo to build that muffler kit for us. I know the Roush kit you had on your F150. The delete kit and the MR400 are quieter at cruise than the Roush kit is on the 5 liter.

I’m wondering if I can make that Mach 350 work. Gonna throw it in CAD and see if I can make it fit. On that Solo delete, how long is the angled section between the bends?

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Has anyone had luck running true duals with flowmaster 50's? Or would you want to run something with 3" in and out in that case instead of 3.5"?

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
Did some measuring and seems like I found a good option to try. Flo Pro Big Oval 2510. It’s 3.5” single in/single out. 5.5” center to center spacing, 24” case length, 12”x9” oval body, 30” overall length. Should install right in place of stock muffler, all I need is hangers and an 8” straight extension pipe. I’m very tempted to try this out. From videos I gather it’s pretty quiet. Maybe I’ll guinea pig this one and make some videos and post them if it turns out good.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I love my solo muffler delete I got from Nick, not really loud in the cab whatsoever unless youre WOT. Cold start is pretty loud however, I feel bad for my neighbors sometimes starting it at 4 am for work...lol attached a video although it sounds alot milder in the video

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk