6.7 Cummins Injector Wiring Identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quipstad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I'm installing the Edge tuner today and part of the tuner wiring harness goes inline with the injector harnesses, but the instructions aren't clear on which injector harness is for injectors 1-3 and which is for injectors 4-6.

I've torn the internet apart trying to identify which is which but I can't be certain. Both are on the driver's side of the engine, one towards the front and one towards the back. Which is for injectors 1-3 and which is for 4-6?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm installing the Edge tuner today and part of the tuner wiring harness goes inline with the injector harnesses, but the instructions aren't clear on which injector harness is for injectors 1-3 and which is for injectors 4-6.

I've torn the internet apart trying to identify which is which but I can't be certain. Both are on the driver's side of the engine, one towards the front and one towards the back. Which is for injectors 1-3 and which is for 4-6?
If you are looking at the wiring harness that connects to the injectors, the short lead is for Injectors 1-3 and the Long lead is for Injectors 4-6.

The wire colors in the Edge Harness is as follows:

Cylinders 1-3

#1 Orange/White
#2 Red/White
#3 Brown/White

Cylinders 4-6
#4 Blue/White
#5 Green/White
#6 Tan/White

OP
OP
Q

quipstad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Thanks, but that much is clear from the instructions. What wasn't clear is which plug in the engine bay is for which set. On the vehicle side, which plug is towards the front and which one is towards the rear? The colors don't match up with the Edge harness, so I have to know by location/orientation.

I'm also not sure not sure the reason for disconnecting the large plug with the lever on it that's attached to the cowling, and whether to disconnect that first, or second, and when to plug it back in.

OP
OP
Q

quipstad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
My research seems to indicate that 1/2/3 is in the front, and 4/5/6 is in the back. But I'd like to be sure before routing the harness.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My research seems to indicate that 1/2/3 is in the front, and 4/5/6 is in the back. But I'd like to be sure before routing the harness.
1-2-3 is in the forward connector and
4-5-6 is in the rear connector.

Once you disconnect the batteries, disconnect the large plug and leave it disconnected while you work. All this does is isolate the system and wiring while you perform the installation.

OP
OP
Q

quipstad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
1-2-3 is in the forward connector and
4-5-6 is in the rear connector.

Once you disconnect the batteries, disconnect the large plug and leave it disconnected while you work. All this does is isolate the system and wiring while you perform the installation.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I needed.