6.7 leaking oil.... 3rd time in 2/wks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Pretty PO’d at my dealer right now.

Took my truck in 2/wks ago for an oil leak, they said it was the crankcase seal. 4 days in the shop to fix.

Noticed again last week and returned to the dealer, this time they changed the timing chain cover; 3 more days for the repair.

I picked it up Friday and noticed oil spots on the driveway today; sure enough, it’s leaking still.

Has anyone else experience an oil leak at the front of the motor? If so, what was the cause?

I’ll be dropping it off again tomorrow and hopefully won’t show my natural born ass in there. They have a long history of letting me down. When they changed the seal, they broke my radiator and had to replace it. I noticed today also the strong smell of antifreeze, and my low coolant light came on this morning. I’m afraid they’ve poked another hole in my radiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have you looked around to see where the oil is coming from? Should be pretty evident I would think? Haven't had any leaks of any kind with my 2016 so I can't be of much help other then that.

Is there another dealer in your area you could go to?

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
The best I can tell you from looking at it, the oil is coming directly from the front of the motor.

We have two RAM dealerships, both with the same owner.

There’s another maybe 45 min away that I may end up having to take it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk