6.7L Fuel Filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Are there good quality aftermarket filters which are safe to use or is OEM the only way to fly? I’m about to turn 15k so it’s time to get them ordered in.

shooters1380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fuel filters are pretty important. I’ve just been using the Mopar ones since I bought my truck. I dunno where
You live but depending on where u get your fuel u may wanna change those filter sooner than the schedule @ 15k. I do mine every 8-10k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you go to a ******'s truck dealer you can usually save some money on the fuel and oil filter. Same filters used by Ram but in a different box.
Jay

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
Primary(chassis) filter is made by Racor who also owns Baldwin. Racor makes this filter for Baldwim and a few others like Napa and Mopar so they are the exact same as OE.

Fleetguard( aka Cummins filtration) makes the secondary(engine) filter. They also make this filter for Mopar, Baldwin and a few others. It is common in the medium/heavy duty industry for filter manufacturers to make filters for other manufacturers. Just make sure you get like for like because Fleetgaurd makes two version of this filter. One with regular filter media and one with synthetic filter media which filters a lower micron and has a greater efficiency.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
This is the engine filter I went with: The NanoNet 2Stage engine filter.
5 micron outer filtration & 3 micron inner filtration media.

Mopar 68157291AA
Fleetguard FS53000
Both around $50--$54 each. If anyone finds them cheaper - Please post!
These are not the normal 1 stage filters.

Chassis spin-on water separator:
Mopar 68197867AA
Fleetguard FS20089
Baldwin BALBF46031

I refuse to skimp on fuel filtration as bad as the diesel is here in the states.

Last edited:

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Are there good quality aftermarket filters which are safe to use or is OEM the only way to fly? I’m about to turn 15k so it’s time to get them ordered in.

I would stay with OEM filters and here is why, warranty. I've read common rail and injectors issues can cost well into the 10K region. The last thing you want to hear is not covered because of after-market filters. Keep your receipts and even the filter box end flaps and document the service (I'm not paranoid but I'm not wealthy either).

When I change filters I always bleed them off into a glass vessel so I can see any contamination. So far, not one drop of water. Looks like I'm buying my fuel at the right places.

Tip, you can put 12 volts on fuse 70 to power the fuel pump to prime the filters. I've found this easier than switching the ignition on and off several times.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Thanks for the info gents. I ordered OEM filters and hope to get them installed Wednesday.

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
X2 on the Geno’s. Don’t risk it on amazon, too many people get burned by fake knock offs

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
X2 on the Geno’s. Don’t risk it on amazon, too many people get burned by fake knock offs

There are reputable sellers on Amazon, the buyer just needs to do their due diligence. Some of the fulfillers are Chrysler dealerships selling Mopar filters. I wouldn't buy from a non-Chrysler Amazon fulfiller though.

muzupan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can purchase Mopar OEM filters on Amazon and usually you can get both filters for about $100. The ones that I have purchased mine from were Chrysler dealerships that sold on Amazon.

SouthTexan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 CTD
The Amazon deal is good. Just make sure the Mopar part number is the new 2013+ number and not the old one.

That is the route I would go if I didn't get mine from work. I only pay $96 for all three(fuel and oil) filters.

Last edited:

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You can purchase Mopar OEM filters on Amazon and usually you can get both filters for about $100. The ones that I have purchased mine from were Chrysler dealerships that sold on Amazon.

It also depends on supply. I’ve order the same ones as my first round, which came from a ram dealer, clicked on the order again, which took me back to the same page, and same seller listed as the first time, only to receive my filters nearly smashed and no boxes and a different seller on the receipt, never again will I buy fuel filters from amazon, plus Geno’s is cheaper in the long run, and I’ve gotten them faster then I have from amazon

DodgeDude99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I try to avoid buying anything from Amazon anymore. A couple of years ago I bought an iPad cover, it took 3 tries before it was actually left on the correct doorstep.

Never again

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Amazon is going down the toilet. I'm not renewing my prime this time around. I think their downfall is letting too many "other" fulfillers and their pricing isn't all that good anymore.

This spring I bought my fuel filters through Summitt Racing for under $100 delivered. Jegs was the source for a new set of power stop rotors and pads for the 3500, over $100 less than Amazon.

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Bought OEM filters and installed them today. The one up front went well but I failed to notice that the one on the rear didn't have a gasket on it out of the box - nor did I see the gasket in the packaging. A gallon of diesel doesn't come off of a concrete floor too easily and it's going to take awhile to get the taste of it out of my mouth as well.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Bought OEM filters and installed them today. The one up front went well but I failed to notice that the one on the rear didn't have a gasket on it out of the box - nor did I see the gasket in the packaging. A gallon of diesel doesn't come off of a concrete floor too easily and it's going to take awhile to get the taste of it out of my mouth as well.

Welcome to the club, I did the same thing the first time. The good news is you won't do it again, at least I didn't.

I keep a good inventory of oil dry on hand, works great.