6" Lift for Ram 1500 Regular Cab Short Bed Concerns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Abrams117

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a 2022 Ram 1500 Classic Reg Cab Short Bed that I'm considering doing a 6 inch coilover lift on in the future. I've read contradicting things about lifting reg cab short beds because of drive shaft vibrations. Seen many posts on here of succesfully lifted ones but have read on Superlift's website that you can't install on RCSB. I emailed Fabtech and BDS, Fabtech said no on reg cab and BDS said yes. I was planning on going the BDS route anyway but am worried they are just saying yes to make a sale and I may end up with a bad vibration.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Got a 2022 Ram 1500 Classic Reg Cab Short Bed that I'm considering doing a 6 inch coilover lift on in the future. I've read contradicting things about lifting reg cab short beds because of drive shaft vibrations. Seen many posts on here of succesfully lifted ones but have read on Superlift's website that you can't install on RCSB. I emailed Fabtech and BDS, Fabtech said no on reg cab and BDS said yes. I was planning on going the BDS route anyway but am worried they are just saying yes to make a sale and I may end up with a bad vibration.
its it 2wd or 4?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I cannot confirm unfortunately. Their had been issues that is why most pulled their kits much like they did when the eco diesel had front driveshaft issues. I think because the driveshaft in your truck is so short the angle is exaggerated causing issues. It may be possible to correct the angles using core 4x4 adjustable control arms. Keep us updated on your journey

OP
OP
Abrams117

Abrams117

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cannot confirm unfortunately. Their had been issues that is why most pulled their kits much like they did when the eco diesel had front driveshaft issues. I think because the driveshaft in your truck is so short the angle is exaggerated causing issues. It may be possible to correct the angles using core 4x4 adjustable control arms. Keep us updated on your journey
I took a look at the Core 4x4 stuff. You think maybe I should buy all 4 rear adjustable control arms or just the lowers? Or maybe even the full kit with an adjustable track bar? I wonder if there is even enough room for adjustment to get the pinion angle correct.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I took a look at the Core 4x4 stuff. You think maybe I should buy all 4 rear adjustable control arms or just the lowers? Or maybe even the full kit with an adjustable track bar? I wonder if there is even enough room for adjustment to get the pinion angle correct.
You would need all to adjust the axle shorten lower extend upper

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If its anything like the rear of a Jeep TJ ( now thats a short driveshaft) it depends on what type of driveshaft you have as to what adjustment is needed. Too cold to go outside and look at mine.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did your alignment turn out and how far out did you set the fk rod ends on the core uca? I can't seem to get mine just right

OP
OP
Abrams117

Abrams117

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did your alignment turn out and how far out did you set the fk rod ends on the core uca? I can't seem to get mine just right
Think it turned out fine. Alignment shop did it and I think the core upper arms are adjusted all the way in so they didn't have to mess with it lol.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I adjusted my arms all the way in as well. The alignment shop refuses to touch my uca. Pretty frustrating. It may be close enough though.