6" Rough Country - Labor Cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jp28173

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can anyone provide insight as to what a reasonable charge would be for a shop to install a 6" RC lift on a 2014 RAM 1500 4x4? I'm in NC. Have received only a couple quotes so far and they are all over the place.

I realize some shops won't install customer provided parts (most big name / chains) so they require you to buy the lift thru them then mark it up, but other smaller / independent shops will and their overall costs are also lower without the overhead... so just trying to get a sense of what's ballpark average for both scenarios.

Was quoted $2,300 installed with alignment from one local independent but quite reputable tire shop which seemed to be middle of the road for the quotes I have so far.

Thanks

Cmz2800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you looked into Rimzone? They’re pretty legit. I’ve delivered there multiple times and they’re always slammed with customers.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$2300 for the kit and installation is a deal! Buddy from work is looking to lift his new to him 1500 and was quoted $3100.

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that $2300 just the install or is that total package them providing the kit? That is a great price if that is that is total package. Shoot I may take a road trip there for that price. Was actually going to get quotes myself.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you dead set on RC? I know they are cheap so that makes them intriguing but they are low quality, thats why they are cheap. If interested in a better quality lift we can get you a quote on a Zone kit.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Can anyone provide insight as to what a reasonable charge would be for a shop to install a 6" RC lift on a 2014 RAM 1500 4x4? I'm in NC. Have received only a couple quotes so far and they are all over the place.

I realize some shops won't install customer provided parts (most big name / chains) so they require you to buy the lift thru them then mark it up, but other smaller / independent shops will and their overall costs are also lower without the overhead... so just trying to get a sense of what's ballpark average for both scenarios.

Was quoted $2,300 installed with alignment from one local independent but quite reputable tire shop which seemed to be middle of the road for the quotes I have so far.

Thanks
Only buy rough country if you want to spend your money twice. (I own the only Ram shop on the East Coast)

OP
OP
J

jp28173

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is that $2300 just the install or is that total package them providing the kit? That is a great price if that is that is total package. Shoot I may take a road trip there for that price. Was actually going to get quotes myself.
That's the "out the door" price for a RC 6" lift kit with alignment.

Are you dead set on RC? I know they are cheap so that makes them intriguing but they are low quality, thats why they are cheap. If interested in a better quality lift we can get you a quote on a Zone kit.
Not dead set on it, but a lot of the nicer kits seem to be out of my budget. Also my truck is pretty much 100% on road, so the parts won't be under the additional stress that comes with off roading (this is what one reputable shop cited as a reason the budget RC 6" isn't a bad option for my personal scenario). That being said please feel free to PM me a quote for some other options, thanks!

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
That's the "out the door" price for a RC 6" lift kit with alignment.

Not dead set on it, but a lot of the nicer kits seem to be out of my budget. Also my truck is pretty much 100% on road, so the parts won't be under the additional stress that comes with off roading (this is what one reputable shop cited as a reason the budget RC 6" isn't a bad option for my personal scenario). That being said please feel free to PM me a quote for some other options, thanks!
If they would recommend rough country in any shape or form they are NOT a reputable shop. To be dead honest its rolling the dice. You may be one of the few it works out for and not have any problems...... orrrrrrr you will spend A LOT of money replacing this and repairing that, re adjusting this etc. etc.

I own the only Ram shop on the east coast. I also help guys across the country to get their trucks right. Believe me when I say that I see the worst in every kit on the market. Zone is and has been the best bang for the buck. Apples to apples you're talking a few dollars difference

atreides

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That rear end link looks to be on the wrong side of the bracket... but what caused the front link to blow out of the extension?

OP
OP
J

jp28173

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If they would recommend rough country in any shape or form they are NOT a reputable shop. To be dead honest its rolling the dice. You may be one of the few it works out for and not have any problems...... orrrrrrr you will spend A LOT of money replacing this and repairing that, re adjusting this etc. etc.

I own the only Ram shop on the east coast. I also help guys across the country to get their trucks right. Believe me when I say that I see the worst in every kit on the market. Zone is and has been the best bang for the buck. Apples to apples you're talking a few dollars difference

Thanks for your input. I've been browsing the Zone lifts, I see it comes with either 3" or 5" rear coils depending if you want a "tail high" stance (5") or level (3")... I feel like I've seen lots of photos of the Zone 6/5 lift on here that looked pretty dang level to me, and have seen many other posts that recommend Zone 6/5 and not 6/3 - does the 6/5 really have a noticeable tail high / rake to it? I like the level look (have a leveling kit on it now), but as mentioned all the pics I've seen of the 6/5 appear pretty level...

2nd question, what else besides the kit itself do I need or would you recommend I do while its in the shop?

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks for your input. I've been browsing the Zone lifts, I see it comes with either 3" or 5" rear coils depending if you want a "tail high" stance (5") or level (3")... I feel like I've seen lots of photos of the Zone 6/5 lift on here that looked pretty dang level to me, and have seen many other posts that recommend Zone 6/5 and not 6/3 - does the 6/5 really have a noticeable tail high / rake to it? I like the level look (have a leveling kit on it now), but as mentioned all the pics I've seen of the 6/5 appear pretty level...

2nd question, what else besides the kit itself do I need or would you recommend I do while its in the shop?
The 3” is recommended when only going to 5” up front. (More for the guys that are looking at a 4” kit)
@Nick@GotExhaust has package deals that him and I put together as stage kits. For example a quick_shifter stage 5 kit comes with the zone 6” kit, fox full length coil overs, suspension Maxx swaybar endlinks, hellwig swaybar, core 4x4 control arms panhard and endlinks, with fox performance series rear shocks and walks down from there. You can mix and match a stage 3 and stage 4 kit etc. click on his name above and select start a conversation and inquire about the quick_shifter kits. I don’t make any money on them. I only put them together for easy ways to get parts that work and help fellow members

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 3” is recommended when only going to 5” up front. (More for the guys that are looking at a 4” kit)
@Nick@GotExhaust has package deals that him and I put together as stage kits. For example a quick_shifter stage 5 kit comes with the zone 6” kit, fox full length coil overs, suspension Maxx swaybar endlinks, hellwig swaybar, core 4x4 control arms panhard and endlinks, with fox performance series rear shocks and walks down from there. You can mix and match a stage 3 and stage 4 kit etc. click on his name above and select start a conversation and inquire about the quick_shifter kits. I don’t make any money on them. I only put them together for easy ways to get parts that work and help fellow members
I know you guys know it…but you guys rock. Great to have guys like you in the community!

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I would like others to post their rough country receipts to see how all over they are. I’m curious