Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Rough country

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Super Lift

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Other- Please explain in the comments

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Brandon,

What about 37's on stock wheels? Will they fit on a 6" lift? What is the widest 35" & 37" tire you can use on a stock wheel?

Thanks

With wheel spacers, yes. I'd recommend Motorsport Tech's BORA wheel spacers. Then you're essentially turning your stock wheels into a negative offset which will give you the clearance you need. You can run either 12.5" or 13.5" wide with the correct spacers.

Depending on how wide you want your stance to be you can fit them on a standard 6" lift (given a narrower stance). If you want more tire poke you'll need to add Bilsteins to the lift for additional height.

OP
OP
Goose165

Goose165

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 HEMI 5.7
Very informative. Thank you.

With wheel spacers, yes. I'd recommend Motorsport Tech's BORA wheel spacers. Then you're essentially turning your stock wheels into a negative offset which will give you the clearance you need. You can run either 12.5" or 13.5" wide with the correct spacers.

Depending on how wide you want your stance to be you can fit them on a standard 6" lift (given a narrower stance). If you want more tire poke you'll need to add Bilsteins to the lift for additional height.

saselker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
SuperLift, hands down. This is the lift that Mopar will sell you for more $$$.

This lift maintains factory suspension geometry front AND rear.

All three mfr use the same principal design to raise the front, "lower" the bottom "half" of the suspension and differential, and span the additional distance with taller knuckles.
The key here is getting it right. In order to maintain proper, vibration free driveline angles, the differential housing must be lowered AND rotated slightly or you are going to get vibration from the from the front DS. As such, the length of the DS must be increased(using a spacer) only two of the kits here do this. The third does not...guess which one is notorious for 4wd vibes...

The control arms, track bar and sway bar are all relocated in the rear. This method ensures proper axle centering, suspension arm geometry both static and during travel. it also gives you the correct pinion angle to eliminate rear driveline vibration. Install is a bit more work buy it is well worth it.

Another thing to consider is the quality of the components, I cant speak to the others but I can tell you that the Superlift stuff is extremely well made and very very stout. Every weldment has interlocking tabs and slots to keep dimensional accuracy. They also provide a full width THICK skidplate that joins the front crossmembers into a single part, very sturdy-Its how I've been jacking up the front of the truck since installation.

I installed it with a friend in one long day, after an alignment the truck handles and rides as good or better than factory(I opted for Bilstiens Front and rear). The truck has ZERO quirks, vibrations or other issues related to the lift.

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Which one notorious for vibes and does not use spacer

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Nothing against the Superlift but I'm pretty comfortable that the quality of the BDS kit is at the top of the pile...

I would venture to guess he's referring to the RCX lift as the lesser of the 3 listed... it's probably the cheapest to buy so sometimes you get what you pay for...

OP
OP
Goose165

Goose165

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 HEMI 5.7
Well guys, I went with the 6" Zone Lift, 35" Tires, 20x12 Wheels.

Here is a Before and After:

picture.php

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Good choice! Looks good, congrats!

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I want it. Dod u use bilsteins or anything. What rear springs

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow ! Nice ! Looks like 6" with 5" rears and bills 2.8" up front . Whatever it is , it looks Great !

William Wolters

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0
I had a Superlift on a 2014 1500 Lone Star. The ride quality was excellent. It was like factory or better. I had the bilstein struts on the front already so I left them and installed the standard shocks. Ram actually awarded Superlift for their ride quality at one time. Rough Country will rust and look like crap almost immediately. I don't understand why people go with them so much. They're only like $50-100 cheaper than Zone or Superlift. I know this is a late response, but hopefully someone reads this and it helps them make a smart decision(not Rough Country lol)

Last edited:

Ryan kelley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know this is an old thread but I am getting ready to purchase the zone 6 in lift with 3” in the back to even it out. My question is do you guys recommend upgrading the shocks they give you to the fox 2.0 shocks for just 190$ more???

UrWifesFavorite

Built to Grip & Ready to Rip
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
I know this is an old thread but I am getting ready to purchase the zone 6 in lift with 3” in the back to even it out. My question is do you guys recommend upgrading the shocks they give you to the fox 2.0 shocks for just 190$ more???

They would last a little longer if You do and depending how much driving You do... On both My Sons Rams one is the Zone shocks the other is Fox, The Zones gave up after two years of daily driving... Now All their trucks use King Shocks and I’m assuming they will last a bit longer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk