6" Zone Lift, Installed!!!!!

Powerdcoat my lift pieces?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can get the 6" Zone lift, with 5" rear springs and nitro shocks for a pretty good deal. ($1,200)

Do I pull the trigger?

I currently run Bils @ 2.8. I think I would drop them to 2.1 and run it with the lift. I also upgraded stock UCA's to the Mevotech's

Also does this lift come with rear drop arm brackets? or is that only the pro comp that does? I know its a pretty crucial upgrade so it corrects the angles from the lift.

Anything else I need to look for, or might need? Want truck to be dependable when lifted and not have to worry about burning through components or bearings, etc.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do it

A true zone kit will come with everything you need, so no worries. Set the Bils at 2.1 if you have the rear 5" lift

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Procomp drops both the upper and lower rear control arms at the frame, Zone raises the upper control arm at the rear differential. I like that procomp does that but I don’t care for a huge rear 4.5” spacer for the rear lift. You can buy those procomp brackets and bolts for $220 if you want or add them later.
procomp 56747B-5

What truck do you have and what size tires/wheels are you going with?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Procomp drops both the upper and lower rear control arms at the frame, Zone raises the upper control arm at the rear differential. I like that procomp does that but I don’t care for a huge rear 4.5” spacer for the rear lift. You can buy those procomp brackets and bolts for $220 if you want or add them later.
procomp 56747B-5

What truck do you have and what size tires/wheels are you going with?

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie w/ 3.92's. Right now I'm running Hostile Sprockets 20x10 @-19 offset paired with 35x12.5x20 Nitto TrailGrappler MT's.

So by Zone raising the UCA at the rear, is that good or bad? Sounds like I'm better off picking up the procomp arms separately?

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JB1, I see your running the BDS with the 5" rear coils. Did you notice any difference in the ride? Does it ride rougher? Does the rear end bounce at all? Do you have a ton of rake?

Trying to decide between the 3" and 5" rear coils.

I just watched a video of Customs Offsets white truck. He did the 5" rear and he said it killed the ride and went to the 3".

I just want a lift that looks nice, has quality parts and rides great!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Custom offsets has a Chevy 2500 with leafs right?..is that the truck your referring too?

I cannot tell you the difference between a 3” lift and 5”, all I can tell you is my truck rides so smooth it’s unreal and I have 37” MT’s.

My trucks current measurements are 46-1/4” rear and 46-1/8” front with my Bilsteins set to 2.6” and 37’s. Some here with 5100’s at 2.8”’ and 5” rear have added an additional 1” rear spacer. Every truck is a little different so measure and do the math.

As far as the procomp rear brackets, yes that would be a nice upgrade but it will ride fine with the Zone setup.

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Custom offsets has a Chevy 2500 with leafs right?..is that the truck your referring too?

I cannot tell you the difference between a 3” lift and 5”, all I can tell you is my truck rides so smooth it’s unreal and I have 37” MT’s.

My trucks current measurements are 46-1/4” rear and 46-1/8” front with my Bilsteins set to 2.6” and 37’s. Some here with 5100’s at 2.8”’ and 5” rear have added an additional 1” rear spacer. Every truck is a little different so measure and do the math.

As far as the procomp rear brackets, yes that would be a nice upgrade but it will ride fine with the Zone setup.

yeah, that was the truck I was referring too, with the leaf springs.

I also have the 1" rear spacer from TGC on my truck. So I could keep my bils @ 2.8" in the front, along with my 1" rear spacer with this lift?

Couple people stated to be ready to replace the Nitro shocks it comes with after a year or 2. I think the fox adventure series shocks, made for zone lifts, would be a great addition. $200 for both rear shocks.

Sounds like I might have to bite the bullet and order this kit. $1,200 is a screaming deal for this kit.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I figured that was the truck, there's no comparison of lifted 2500 leafs to coil springs, I bet his truck rides like a brick.

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see the BDS kit comes with a couple extra items over the Zone. Like swaybar link extensions and steel braided brake lines for the front.

For the $800 difference, am I that much better off with BDS or is the Zone a decent kit?

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everyone's thoughts on possibly powder coating the pieces a different color before putting them on? Thinking maybe a bronzish/copper color. Or possibly paint match to white?

Truck picture for reference.......

fcqlg3.jpg

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
Everyone's thoughts on possibly powder coating the pieces a different color before putting them on? Thinking maybe a bronzish/copper color. Or possibly paint match to white?

Truck picture for reference.......

Be careful doing that. I've seen where it gets pulled off really nicely and other times not so much

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I pulled the trigger on the kti! Should arrive by the end of this week. Now to make sure I have everything I need for it.

I know it uses the stock swaybar end links and just extends them. When I leveled the truck I added aftermarket Suspension Maxx end links (1300L) and tossed the factory ones.

Any ideas? Good replacements?

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
Well I pulled the trigger on the kti! Should arrive by the end of this week. Now to make sure I have everything I need for it.

I know it uses the stock swaybar end links and just extends them. When I leveled the truck I added aftermarket Suspension Maxx end links (1300L) and tossed the factory ones.

I'll trade you my stock ones lol

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO

Yes, Core 4x4 is where everyone (myself included) are headed for swaybar endlinks, rear upper/lower control arms and panhard. Johnny joints, lifetime warranty, powdercoated. Ask for Spence at Core4x4 and use "hot damn" for a 5% discount. Otherwise, ping @Hemi450hp (AKA Matt at Moe's) and he can get you sorted for Core 4x4 components.

Post some pics when you are done!

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, Core 4x4 is where everyone (myself included) are headed for swaybar endlinks, rear upper/lower control arms and panhard. Johnny joints, lifetime warranty, powdercoated. Ask for Spence at Core4x4 and use "hot damn" for a 5% discount. Otherwise, ping @Hemi450hp (AKA Matt at Moe's) and he can get you sorted for Core 4x4 components.

Post some pics when you are done!

Awesome, appreciate all the great help SOCAL!! I will definitely look into this.

What components do you all recommend I upgrade when installing lift? I just want a trouble free truck that rides great!

Have Mevotech UCA's and the Suspension Maxx swaybar endlinks, along with my Bils.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Awesome, appreciate all the great help SOCAL!! I will definitely look into this.

What components do you all recommend I upgrade when installing lift? I just want a trouble free truck that rides great!

Have Mevotech UCA's and the Suspension Maxx swaybar endlinks, along with my Bils.
Honestly, I think you're good. You did the Mevo's -- Zones are beefier, but I wouldn't upgrade from mevo to Zone UCAs. You have your BIlls, Do you have the Hellwig swaybar for the rear?

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Honestly, I think you're good. You did the Mevo's -- Zones are beefier, but I wouldn't upgrade from mevo to Zone UCAs. You have your BIlls, Do you have the Hellwig swaybar for the rear?

No I don't. Rear is completely stock, minus the 1" spacer from TGC. Do I need to look into getting one? are the Core 4x4 rear arms worth the $500?

I also went to Core 4x4's site and all I can find on there for ram's is their rear control arms. I don't see anything for swaybar endlinks, panhards, or johnny joints. Did you mean Hellwig instead of Core?

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
No I don't. Rear is completely stock, minus the 1" spacer from TGC. Do I need to look into getting one? are the Core 4x4 rear arms worth the $500?

I also went to Core 4x4's site and all I can find on there for ram's is their rear control arms. I don't see anything for swaybar endlinks, panhards, or johnny joints. Did you mean Hellwig instead of Core?
Yeah, definitely look into the Hellwig swaybar. Beefy, and will contain the roll in turns. Spence at Core4x4 said he has to update his site, but business is picking up and a lot of guys are getting these kits. Check out Youtube and do a search on Kustom Black Gunz. He is a member on this forum and has a channel on Youtube. Funny as hell guy and a lot of great videos. One in particular compares the Spohn to Core4x4. NIGHT AND DAY difference.

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't listen too @S0CAL he will have you in 40's and a 4" body lift by Monday :anitoof:

Haha. I see a lot of guys actually going with the Hellwig sway bar in the rear. Looks to be about 240 for the kit at Moes.

I think I'll stick with my 6" and 35's for awhile. I'm sure I will get the itch to go with 22x14's with 37's after awhile. Seems like we always want to go bigger!!!

I just need to find some new swaybar endlinks and I should be ready to install the kit!