6" Zone Lift, Installed!!!!!

Powerdcoat my lift pieces?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan Zacarias

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do it

A true zone kit will come with everything you need, so no worries. Set the Bils at 2.1 if you have the rear 5" lift

What would be the difference in a 5" rear lift and a 3" lift? Would one be more stiffer than the other? Or does it "level" it out?

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What would be the difference in a 5" rear lift and a 3" lift? Would one be more stiffer than the other? Or does it "level" it out?

Levels it out better. I believe our trucks come factory with 3" rake, so if you go up 6" in front and 3" in back, you should be dead level. Now if you go with Bils @ 2.1 or 2.8 I would go with a 5" spring as it would sit pretty close to level.

OP
OP
DonnyP

DonnyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm waiting on my new wheel setup. I went with the TIS 544BM in a 22x12 with 37x13.50r22 Fury RT Tires.

These are a hybrid tire between AT and MT so I get the benefits of each.

Any clue on how many MPG's I will lose? I know I drive a truck and I put a lift in it, I just don't want to be getting like 5 MPG's lol.

I do a ton of city driving and my average according to the truck is around 11 MPG. I'm not sure if that's properly calibrated with my tuner or not to fix the speedometer.

Truck has the LSD and is also geared @ 3.92 if that helps at all.

Any ideas? or is anyone else running a similar setup and know what they are getting for mileage?

Josh Elliot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you think of this setup as it has me confused!

The guy says he went with the BDS kit with rear 5" coils and the front Fox coil overs but didn't change the front coils and it was 1" higher in the front after the install.

He's running 325/60/20 but looks quite a bit lower than you guys running the Bils and the 5" coils.

I'm basically trying to get this stance with my truck!

IMG_0153.PNG

Bryan Zacarias

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I am just getting into the while truck lifting side of the truck world and I have a quick question, do I need to change all four shocks on my truck if I'm lifting it 6 inches? I have a stick level 2009 4wd 1500 hemi, thanks.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey guys, I am just getting into the while truck lifting side of the truck world and I have a quick question, do I need to change all four shocks on my truck if I'm lifting it 6 inches? I have a stick level 2009 4wd 1500 hemi, thanks.

Hey buddy I see that you’ve posted the same question in multiple locations and if you want to lift your truck and have questions or concerns create a thread in the lifted section titled want to lift but need help. Then write what you have done already and where you are from (local guys may have shops they recommend) We can help you select a quality lift for your truck. Hope this helps