6000 mile trip planned this summer pulling an open trailer. Any tips for securing the rig?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
thebanjoman

thebanjoman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 500883

This is how I travel BC to Moab ,Hurricane UT and the Rubicon
16 foot garage in back and We use as a bedroom when parked for the month in Utah
We park at truck stops Walmarts ETC
I went cross country from Virginia to the Rubicon Trail and back in 17 days.

If I could give anybody any advice on making this kind of trip is SLOW DOWN.

I pushed myself 500 miles a day out and back and spent 3 days on the trail. I would love to have had more time on the trail and had the opportunity to enjoy myself .

If I have regrets about the entire vacation is that I didn't take take my time and enjoyed myself. I broke the truck on the first day to the point that I spent the entire day trying to find someone with a welder. I got it done but then ran the trail in 2 full days and pushed myself to the point of exhaustion and really didn't have the fun and memories of the trip that I could have had.

Im 60 and will retire in probably 5 years and after I am done with work If my health holds up I'd like to go back but take way more time to do the trail and really enjoy myself. If I brought my truck again I would do much better than a trailer tow, maybe an RV with a space in the back and camp across the US and not be so darn rushed.

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Banjo: One of the nice things about retiring is that there isn’t really Monday mornings anymore. Stay healthy and take that trip again over a couple months. We just finished a 7,500 mile trip and wife and I had to look on our phones to see what day it was :) Take care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963