65RFE unlocking tcc after 6 - 5 shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NickSteel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8 Magnum
i have one last question, is it normal for the trans to shift soft at operating temp, which for me is around 170?

Sent from Glade Air Freshener

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've done a Quicklearn with Alfa after swapping valve bodies. Been 11k km's with no issues.
Would you mind posting steps? Im getting readdy to upgrade my VB, add screw on synthetic filter and ofcourse fluid change but want to be sure before i make that leap. Also, just curious if this effects any type of trans tune a person has? I use Jay so i should probably ask him but figured while were already talking about it why not. As always appreciate yalls help.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would you mind posting steps? Im getting readdy to upgrade my VB, add screw on synthetic filter and ofcourse fluid change but want to be sure before i make that leap. Also, just curious if this effects any type of trans tune a person has? I use Jay so i should probably ask him but figured while were already talking about it why not. As always appreciate yalls help.

My memory is a little fuzzy and my tablet with Alfa is out in the garage so I'll take a look tomorrow when I'm out there. Probably going to be a little different sequence with yours being a 13+. One thing I do remember it took a couple of tries before anyting seemed to happen. And no, shouldn't be any issues with the trans tuning. I was on the fence about having line pressures increased but after talking to a couple of guys I didn't bother.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My memory is a little fuzzy and my tablet with Alfa is out in the garage so I'll take a look tomorrow when I'm out there. Probably going to be a little different sequence with yours being a 13+. One thing I do remember it took a couple of tries before anyting seemed to happen. And no, shouldn't be any issues with the trans tuning. I was on the fence about having line pressures increased but after talking to a couple of guys I didn't bother.
I appreciate the help. Im about to have a cam installed and i just want to make sure this trans is prepared for whatever gains i get and since that cost as much as that does i have to do what i can which is the trans upgrade. Leaning towards the sonnax chr143, synthetic filter and larger capacity pan.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate the help. Im about to have a cam installed and i just want to make sure this trans is prepared for whatever gains i get and since that cost as much as that does i have to do what i can which is the trans upgrade. Leaning towards the sonnax chr143, synthetic filter and larger capacity pan.

Hey sorry man, I ended up getting called away for work and won't be back to my truck until mid next week. I'm sure someone else on here can walk you through in the meantime though maybe, at least how to get to the Quicklearn step. Have you played around with the Alfa program before at all? I remember when I did it I just kind of looked around until I found "Quicklearn." Then it pretty much just walked me through it from there.

Good call on the trans upgrades, can never hurt. Those were my thoughts too when I did the metal thread/syn filter/deeper pan/valve body/channel plate, although I haven't pulled the trigger on a cam just yet.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Appreciate that @smoothee. Just to correct myself, should of said Sonnax CHR146 not 143. Hate for someone to go out and buy the wrong part because of me.
I’m somewhat familiar with Alpha but far from a pro. I’ll have to get on there and browse a little more.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Appreciate that @smoothee. Just to correct myself, should of said Sonnax CHR146 not 143. Hate for someone to go out and buy the wrong part because of me.
I’m somewhat familiar with Alpha but far from a pro. I’ll have to get on there and browse a little more.

Let me know what happens when you do a quicklearn through alfa, more importantly if your truck raises the RPMs before you shift into OD to complete the quicklearn. That’s what mine does and it’s 100% the reason why i won’t do another quicklearn as i’m scared the increased engine RPMs will kill the trans..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let me know what happens when you do a quicklearn through alfa, more importantly if your truck raises the RPMs before you shift into OD to complete the quicklearn. That’s what mine does and it’s 100% the reason why i won’t do another quicklearn as i’m scared the increased engine RPMs will kill the trans..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well **** maybe I won’t now.