700hp Durango

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
babab39f7236da1d494cd4284f543d15.gif

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I paid less then that for my first house,and houses up here are gold plated,lol

Man. I was in Vancouver in 2019 attending the PCIC show. Got talking to a few folks out there.

One guy told me he insisted his daughter live at home for a few more years, just to save as much money as possible. Make it easier for her to get started on her own. Which she refused..

2 weeks later she was begging him to let her back in the house.

She had gone out looking for some houses, and was hard pressed to find anything half decent for under a million.... i was just astonished... im talking like tiny, 2 bedrooom houses. not even close to 2,000 square feet!!

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Man. I was in Vancouver in 2019 attending the PCIC show. Got talking to a few folks out there.

One guy told me he insisted his daughter live at home for a few more years, just to save as much money as possible. Make it easier for her to get started on her own. Which she refused..

2 weeks later she was begging him to let her back in the house.

She had gone out looking for some houses, and was hard pressed to find anything half decent for under a million.... i was just astonished... im talking like tiny, 2 bedrooom houses. not even close to 2,000 square feet!!

A million in Vancouver or Toronto,might buy you an outhouse,as long as there's no city services to it,lol. I'm north of Calgary,so houses are a little more reasonable,but it still takes well over a 1/2 million to buy 1500 square feet with a garage on maybe a 50 X 100ft lot

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
A million in Vancouver or Toronto,might buy you an outhouse,as long as there's no city services to it,lol. I'm north of Calgary,so houses are a little more reasonable,but it still takes well over a 1/2 million to buy 1500 square feet with a garage on maybe a 50 X 100ft lot
Man this just boggles my mind... how? ive heard its even worse up in St Johns because of all the oil.

If you had that kind of money here in Texas. you would live like a KING! a million dollars could probably buy you 100 acres of land down here. you could you basically make a country you could own with all the land! lol.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man this just boggles my mind... how? ive heard its even worse up in St Johns because of all the oil.

If you had that kind of money here in Texas. you would live like a KING! a million dollars could probably buy you 100 acres of land down here. you could you basically make a country you could own with all the land! lol.
It just goes to show you how worthless the dollar really is. Back in the 80's I was a kid making barely more than minimum wage and I had more money than I do now making 100K a year!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
At least it crept in under 200k. Once it's over that in BC it's 20% luxury tax on top of the 5% GST so 50k in taxes on top of 200k. Still have to pay about 40k as is here at that price. Yeah. The housing here is also nuts. Average home price is nearly 20x the average gross family income in greater Vancouver. Way more than that if you take out all the suburbs.Then the income tax. Income over 200k is 53% to the government even with property, nearly 2 bucks a gallon fuel tax, alcohol,tobacco, anything that isn't food for sale and any food that's prepared taxes. Never ending. No wonder most of the wealthier people I know have moved to Washington state. Still close to where their businesses are located in Canada, but save piles of money on their personal taxes. When you can save a few hundred k a year in income tax paying for private health care coverage isn't a big deal. Plus the waits are a lot shorter.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Last edited:

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It looks like it might have already sold,as it says the listing no longer exists,lol
Must have. That was the only sub million detached and just under. Next cheapest was 1.2 mil for a 3700 sq.ft lot on a busy street and a tear down house built in the 30s

Gamedog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
392 c.i.
Holy shh........

Man they really "bend you over a barrel and show you the 10 provinces and 3 territories" there don't they?

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Want to really go WTF. This is the cheapest I could find outside of the let's politely call them "colourful or more lively" neighbourhoods. Probably be sold today too. Still a small lot and street parking.https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/22778473/2930-w-28th-avenue-vancouver and then if you really want to shake your head look at the last census and see that the top 2 occupations of the homes ove 4mil are homemaker and student and you see just how bad the money laundering has affected the realty market and why other countries refer to large scale laundering via real estate as the Vancouver model.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Holy shh........

Man they really "bend you over a barrel and show you the 10 provinces and 3 territories" there don't they?

You can just about double the US price of aftermarket parts for Canada.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Want to really go WTF. This is the cheapest I could find outside of the let's politely call them "colourful or more lively" neighbourhoods. Probably be sold today too. Still a small lot and street parking.https://www.realtor.ca/real-estate/22778473/2930-w-28th-avenue-vancouver and then if you really want to shake your head look at the last census and see that the top 2 occupations of the homes ove 4mil are homemaker and student and you see just how bad the money laundering has affected the realty market and why other countries refer to large scale laundering via real estate as the Vancouver model.

Hey didn't you know being a student in BC pays big bucks,lol. Not saying much but the housing market in Bangcouver is kind of the laughing stock of the rest of us Canucks,weren't the NDP going to do something about that awhile ago,hehehe

Reactions: BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey didn't you know being a student in BC pays big bucks,lol. Not saying much but the housing market in Bangcouver is kind of the laughing stock of the rest of us Canucks,weren't the NDP going to do something about that awhile ago,hehehe
When the economy is based on money laundering and over priced real estate and any business that isn't a restaurant or coffee shop faces protest and massive red tape you pretty much paint yourself into a corner.