72mm TB for my 4.7l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have been watching out for a F&B throttle body for sale for my 4.7l and one has come up. The guy is selling a F&B 72mm TB on feebay for about $300 shipped. Says its like new, 5 months old, removed it before selling his vehicle, blah blah.

Is it worth that being only 5 months old or should I pass?

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I don't know anything about 4.7, but there are a lot of GM TB's for sale cheap on eBay. It would depend what type of IAC the 4.7 uses to determine if a swap makes any sense or not. With my megasquirt install I have an adaptor plate and am using a 90mm LS1 TB. The TPS on the different makes are pretty close the same , so compatibility comes to the IAC working or not. There are basically three types. Do some research, you might come up with an interesting solution.

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have been watching out for a F&B throttle body for sale for my 4.7l and one has come up. The guy is selling a F&B 72mm TB on feebay for about $300 shipped. Says its like new, 5 months old, removed it before selling his vehicle, blah blah.

Is it worth that being only 5 months old or should I pass?

This should help.

4.7L V8 Throttle Bodies - The Fastman

I just seen which one your talking about and it will work, the good thing is F&B warranties their products for life. Even if you're the 5th owner they will fix it and or inspect it for free prior to install if you choose.

Last edited:

02 Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 NSRT-4
Engine
2.4L Turbo
they are not on our site, I may have the size wrong. We have to order them as they are not a popular seller due to most having HEmi's. Either way, we have them

ramin44s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
curious to what size you guys sell? wonder how the gains are ?

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I sent an email but haven't heard back.

I need to wait on getting one but Id hate to miss out on this 72mm F&B throttle body deal if I can't get a ported one at least 70mm or 71mm.

Anyone have any advice or info for me?

redram2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I were you I would compare prices from the fastman, f&b, the one on ebay as well, and other vendors. Keep in mind f&b stands up to their product for the lifetime of it no matter how many owners. Its also nice if something wears out or gets damaged it is covered under their warranty. They are expensive but for their customer service and warranty its hard to pass it up. Not to mention as soon as you get it you can send it to him and he will go through it, inspect, and repair it for free.

OP
OP
badblackram06

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is a awesome way to stand behind your product. I'm liking that part a lot.
I'm going to count my pennies and compare my options and think it over. Thanks dude.