8.4 bypass for after market Amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mike,

Hey do you or anyone on the forum make a plug in converter harness to run RCA cables and whatever else I would need to go to an after market amp? I really don't want to splice into my existing wiring harness. Stereos/Speakers and Amps are not in my wheel house so trying to figure this all out. I already ran the 2 AWG power cable, all the 14 AWG wire under the carpet to the various speakers and also RCA cable to behind the head unit from behind the seat where I would put the said amp. I am buying either a 5 or 6 channel amp haven't decided on brand yet.

-Kyle

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
what are your plans ? keep oem head unit, or go aftermarket ?
what speaker set up do you have now...basic 6, or premium 9 speaker?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hi Kyle,
No we don't but I do know there is a product out there just for this purpose. There's a lot going on to convert the the system for proper amplifier outputs and loading on the speaker outputs to get it to work correctly. I can't recall the name but I know @Graygoose will know what it is.

Possibly the PAC AmpPro ... PAC AP4-CH41

M² Mods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kp4243

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what are your plans ? keep oem head unit, or go aftermarket ?
what speaker set up do you have now...basic 6, or premium 9 speaker?

I have the 9 speakers and adding sub at some point. But I don’t have the factory alpine system. Just all the speakers. I haven’t figured out exactly how I want to do it. But thinking I want to put the three dash (ks 3.5 kickers with resistors) and the stock headliner 2.5 on the same channel. Then go about the rest of the speakers accordingly. Putting the Alpine R2 6x9( don’t know the exact part number off hand) in the front doors and Robert fosgate p1692 in the rear doors. With a 10 inch sub. Probably a kicker comp. Yes staying with 2018 8.4 head unit. Kind of unsure what to run in series and it parallel but have a good idea. Any guidance would be appreciated. Truthfully after installing all the sound dampening....the stock speakers sound great.

OP
OP
kp4243

kp4243

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Kyle,
No we don't but I do know there is a product out there just for this purpose. There's a lot going on to convert the the system for proper amplifier outputs and loading on the speaker outputs to get it to work correctly. I can't recall the name but I know @Graygoose will know what it is.

Possibly the PAC AmpPro ... PAC AP4-CH41

M² Mods.

Thanks I’ll check them out. Btw. Still working on getting you a contact

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thanks I’ll check them out. Btw. Still working on getting you a contact
Yeah, there are still a lot of 2018 UAQ owners waiting/looking for an update w/map files later than 21.9 (preferably after 22.5)

M² Mods.