8.4 Nav Screen protector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
Do they sell one for the 5.0?

Barney556180

Don't need no stinkin' mask...
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
A note on installing: Clean, clean, clean the screen per instructions.
Also have a dental pick tool handy for lifting the protector edges to eliminate any bubbles.

Driven it a few times and didn’t have any glare issues. Recommend [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had no idea this existed. Glad it’s a cheap mod unlike what occurs when I read the tire and performance threads. Like that it will protect screen. Bonus that it gives it a higher end “glass” screen look.

Thanks for posting

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had no idea this existed. Glad it’s a cheap mod unlike what occurs when I read the tire and performance threads. Like that it will protect screen. Bonus that it gives it a higher end “glass” screen look.

Thanks for posting

I'm gunna order it this week. Anything on the glare? Now, without it, glare is terrible especially with moon roof.

Tonino

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
.... Anything on the glare? Now, without it, glare is terrible especially with moon roof.

Tonino

I had asked the same question a while back. People said it wasn't bad but looking at these protectors they are definitely glossy and reflective so it is going to be worse for glare then the mate stock screen.

OP
OP
Kinetic

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Completely forgot to install mine lol, I'll get it installed and post up some pics of the Mopar one.

Epizza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2012 Laramie and need a screen protector, don't see any for 2012 uconnect, any links or help anyone?

OP
OP
Kinetic

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I finally installed it tonight, the fit and everything is just fine. I cleaned per the instructions and then a little more, and applied the screen protector. You can see immediately there would be no glare at all, and when the screen is on it's pretty much invisible.

My issue was, no matter how careful, there will end up being some crap stuck under it when applying, dust, lint, whatever. While for most this is ok, for me is was glaring out at me and was not acceptable so i ripped it off and threw it away, there's no way to clean the sticky part of the protector, once something gets on it that's it. The kit comes with 2 so I'll try the other one later and see if it's any better.

Wornslick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I finally installed it tonight, the fit and everything is just fine. I cleaned per the instructions and then a little more, and applied the screen protector. You can see immediately there would be no glare at all, and when the screen is on it's pretty much invisible.

My issue was, no matter how careful, there will end up being some crap stuck under it when applying, dust, lint, whatever. While for most this is ok, for me is was glaring out at me and was not acceptable so i ripped it off and threw it away, there's no way to clean the sticky part of the protector, once something gets on it that's it. The kit comes with 2 so I'll try the other one later and see if it's any better.

Well I was within seconds of ordering this but after reading your post with my OCD it may not work! LOL. I will wait until you try to put the second one on before ordering. Looking forward to your report!

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

So what is your final opinion of the 2018 protector? Do you have a pn#

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I purchased the Mopar one for my 8.4 in the truck. Kit came with two protectors. In the mean time I had ordered the LFOTPP one from Amazon for the wife's Wrangler. I could not get all of the tiny bubbles out of the Mopar one and it was definitely thinner. The one in the Wrangler was easy to install, no bubbles and really give the screen a "crisp" look, plus easy to wipe off the fingerprints. I replaced the Mopar one on my truck with another LFOTPP, like the one in the Wrangler. Went on easier, no bubbles, and looks great. So for my experience I prefer the LFOTPP brand over the Mopar one.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I purchased the Mopar one for my 8.4 in the truck. Kit came with two protectors. In the mean time I had ordered the LFOTPP one from Amazon for the wife's Wrangler. I could not get all of the tiny bubbles out of the Mopar one and it was definitely thinner. The one in the Wrangler was easy to install, no bubbles and really give the screen a "crisp" look, plus easy to wipe off the fingerprints. I replaced the Mopar one on my truck with another LFOTPP, like the one in the Wrangler. Went on easier, no bubbles, and looks great. So for my experience I prefer the LFOTPP brand over the Mopar one.

Which LFOTPP did you get? Looks like they have 2 kinds, 1 is glass the other is a film?

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Didn't know there was two, but both of mine were the glass.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Which LFOTPP did you get? Looks like they have 2 kinds, 1 is glass the other is a film?

I just got and installed the LFOTPP one that was like a thicker plastic not glass, it went on easy and sure is nice. I got my UAQ out of a salvage truck and it had a couple of scuffs on the screen. This protector hid all the marks and no more of those PIA fingerprints.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just got and installed the LFOTPP one that was like a thicker plastic not glass, it went on easy and sure is nice. I got my UAQ out of a salvage truck and it had a couple of scuffs on the screen. This protector hid all the marks and no more of those PIA fingerprints.

Good deal. I actually ordered the glass ones and put it on a couple days ago. Pain to get the screen really clean but got it done with no dust or anything under it.

My only complaint is it's a little on the glossy side so you do get some glare/reflection from it.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I read four pages to find out there were no pictures. Almost like a facebook link lol