8.4 Radio Bezel color change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Have tried to do a carbon fiber wrap on my radio bezel and did not work out too good. I need lots more practice it seems with the many angles.
Any one painted or done something else that worked to change to color of the radio bezel? Just want to make mine more custom to my truck.
Any input appreciated!

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I was able to wrap mine using 3m 1080 wrap and a harbor freight heat gun. It was a pita and a lot of cussing. see here.

I ended up mounting/securing the heat gun upside down at a 30-40 degree up angle off the end of a work bench, so I could leave it running and move the piece in/out of the heat so I could work it with both hands/vinyl wrap tool. I've got a few extra scratched bezel shells if you want something to practice on (haven't wanted to try it again). Definitely helps pulling it all apart and removing the chrome trim around the buttons.

M² Mods.

Last edited:

Rebelrouser

Reaction score
Ram Year
'22 Ram 1500 GT
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took everything out. Dash bezel, center console, vents. I masked the bezel and console trim then sanded them with red scotch-brite pads. Wiped them down with wax/grease remover then sprayed them. I just have to figure out how to get my steering wheel Air bag/horn button off my wheel so I can install the painted insert.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took everything out. Dash bezel, center console, vents. I masked the bezel and console trim then sanded them with red scotch-brite pads. Wiped them down with wax/grease remover then sprayed them. I just have to figure out how to get my steering wheel Air bag/horn button off my wheel so I can install the painted insert.
i want to say there is a thread somewhere in here about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeedHead