8.4 uconnect audio issue help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need some help boys. I would post this in the audio section but that place is really quiet. Mods can move if they see fit.
The audio output to the speakers of my 8.4 just crapped out on me. Worked fine, parked then went back out a couple hrs later and I’m only getting slight sound from RR speaker, zero sound from LR. These speakers are kicker and powered off the deck. My sub with high level from the rear has zero audio.
Next is the fronts powered off the kicker key. Very low volume on the RF and horrible audio with almost no volume on the LF. My kicker key is in Bi amp for the fronts. All this testing is with the fader/balance control. So that tells me it’s a signal issue from the 8.4 and not the amp as the rears are straight off the 8.4.
I did the pull the fuse delio which I have had to do before but to no avail. Even let it sit over night then put the fuse back in this morning before heading to work. I searched this issue without much luck.
Any help/ideas would be much appreciated!!! I’m a very audio savvy guy but not familiar with all the nuances of the 8.4.
This is on a ‘18 1500 ram sport.
Edit to add. Right before this I lost volume control completely. Couldn’t turn it up or down. I also had just loaded spotify not 5 mins prior and just started playing music off my phone from spotify. I wonder if spotify infected my head unit with a virus???
Thanks mucho!!!
Posted in the general forums as well:

OP
OP
IDSandman

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, so here is an update.
Called uconnect to no avail. Also there are some dealer only updates that they do not post on the uconnect website which is asinine as well as these updates once out of warranty are to be paid for by the end user/ you/me, wtf!
I got my system functioning again with balance and fade back.
I had to remove ALL speakers from the system and remove the fuse to the head unit in the engine bay, let truck sit for 10 mins. Installed speakers, mind you the fronts are still running through a pac harness with resistors then to an amp, the rears are powered off head unit only. I then put fuse back in and tried the audio, tada. So bizarre and frustrating at the same time.
Welp, hope this helps someone else in the future

Iamgod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How much was the update? I replaced the 8.4 Harmon in my 2016 ram 1500 bighorn with a Panasonic has 8.4 from a 2018 Ram. I only get audio out of the right front door speaker.