8.4 Uconnect touch screen delaminating....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY Andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Welp, still an issue apparently--dealership saying I'm out of warranty. They gave me a number to call and spoke with UConnect deptartment who said I'll hear back in a couple days. Messaged RamCares too. Literally almost got in to multiple accidents today because the touchscreen thinks your pressing it because of the bubbles and will automatically switch from maps to music/radio so I had to take hands and eyes off the road half the drive to keep pushing the button back to maps so I know where I'm going--can you say LAWSUIT! The fact that there's hundreds of pages regarding this issue online and STAR cases and they still didn't recall this--BETTER get fixed for free. Extremely disappointed thus far.
I'm the guy who goes to the dealer for nothing, even last warranty claim of my dome light flickering they just replace the whole thing under warranty and it didn't even solve my issue and I ain't been back since because I hardly drive the thing (around 12,000 miles). If they wanna start a fight then that'll be the next thing I make em fix right since they never did the first time. I really try to play nice but this is a safety issue and a turn off this is how they handle known issues for YEARS. Sorry we had a pandemic and I didn't wanna go to the dealership and get the screen fixed, damn.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Good luck with your lawsuit for any resulting accident. It might be a bit of a challenge to say "I knew the radio / navigation system is malfunctioning but I kept using it for navigation anyway". You could be on the receiving end of a lawsuit if you knowingly used a malfunctioning system, get distracted and hit someone.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Welp, still an issue apparently--dealership saying I'm out of warranty. They gave me a number to call and spoke with UConnect deptartment who said I'll hear back in a couple days. Messaged RamCares too. Literally almost got in to multiple accidents today because the touchscreen thinks your pressing it because of the bubbles and will automatically switch from maps to music/radio so I had to take hands and eyes off the road half the drive to keep pushing the button back to maps so I know where I'm going--can you say LAWSUIT! The fact that there's hundreds of pages regarding this issue online and STAR cases and they still didn't recall this--BETTER get fixed for free. Extremely disappointed thus far.
I'm the guy who goes to the dealer for nothing, even last warranty claim of my dome light flickering they just replace the whole thing under warranty and it didn't even solve my issue and I ain't been back since because I hardly drive the thing (around 12,000 miles). If they wanna start a fight then that'll be the next thing I make em fix right since they never did the first time. I really try to play nice but this is a safety issue and a turn off this is how they handle known issues for YEARS. Sorry we had a pandemic and I didn't wanna go to the dealership and get the screen fixed, damn.
I went thru the delaminating screen not long ago. Called FCA and they connected me with U connect. They had me take my truck to the dealer to verify and get the numbers off the back of the radio. The dealer got with u connect and within 2 weeks I had a new radio!! U connect would call me and keep me updated and even called after to make sure everything went well. I am out of warranty and this was the first time I had been back to the dealer since I bought it in 2018. Stay cool and be nice and hopefully they will get it taken care of.

rcboals

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2018 RAM screen started delaminating and ghost signals like want to set your clock wouldn't stop, also couldn't pair the phones. I just had a brand new Chrysler radio installed total cost $1027.00 at the dealership I bought it from new in 2018 70 miles away from where I live. I called the local dealer here Lithia Dodge RAM Jeep, in Eugene, Oregon as I have had my Ram in there for service before. The guy on the phone told me $1345.00 plus an extra $160.00 to diagnose it. The guy was a total @$$. He also told me that if my radio had a cracked screen it would be another $1000.00 without the exchange. There is no exchange involved on purchasing a genuine Mopar radio part # 68331631AM

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
My 2018 RAM screen started delaminating and ghost signals like want to set your clock wouldn't stop, also couldn't pair the phones. I just had a brand new Chrysler radio installed total cost $1027.00 at the dealership I bought it from new in 2018 70 miles away from where I live. I called the local dealer here Lithia Dodge RAM Jeep, in Eugene, Oregon as I have had my Ram in there for service before. The guy on the phone told me $1345.00 plus an extra $160.00 to diagnose it. The guy was a total @$$. He also told me that if my radio had a cracked screen it would be another $1000.00 without the exchange. There is no exchange involved on purchasing a genuine Mopar radio part # 68331631AM

That sucks. I was lucky enough to get mine fixed under warranty.

I would have gone aftermarket if I would had to pay for it.

BigHornDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
OK I just talked to my service manager and he knows nothing about the warranty coverage being extended on the delamination issue. @RamCares how can I address this? Mine is BAD. 2018 with 52,000 miles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45