8.4 Uconnect touch screen delaminating....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamHemi18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am starting to see delaminating bubbles in my 2018 radio like many people here. Mine is not as bad as others but when it starts it will get worse. I sent a message to @RamCares yesterday. Waiting to see if they can help me out. Glad to see a lot of people are getting this issue covered 100%!

BBhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am starting to see delaminating bubbles in my 2018 radio like many people here. Mine is not as bad as others but when it starts it will get worse. I sent a message to @RamCares yesterday. Waiting to see if they can help me out. Glad to see a lot of people are getting this issue covered 100%!
Good luck friend..I believe you have to visit the dealer first before @RamCares will help. Im waiting for my appointment in a few weeks.

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Correct, go to the dealership and have them diagnose and quote the delaminating radio.

shellj22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the exact same problem with my 2018 lone star edition, have u found a solution? my radio not working properly about half the time

shellj22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the exact problem except mine is much worse about 30 % is delaminated cause ghost touches and radio not working properly; i have already contacted ram cares and even though it is plainly a factory defect they would not help; is there a consumer fix? 2018 ran with 64500 miles

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Yes, still under 3/36. They replaced the whole radio, not just the screen.
yea, I've got one with the same issue starting but my warranty just ran up...looks like a new screen and better thermal material is the way to go. I even read one guy drilled some holes in his AC vents to help cool off that little compartment where the radio sits

BBhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello @RamCares , I have been to my dealership and they have documented that my radio needs replacement do to delamanation. Hopefully this is the time that you can help please. Do to my truck being an 18 it is out of coverage with only 32000 miles. I was told to contact chrysler customer service for the next step.

Stuetels

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the exact problem except mine is much worse about 30 % is delaminated cause ghost touches and radio not working properly; i have already contacted ram cares and even though it is plainly a factory defect they would not help; is there a consumer fix? 2018 ran with 64500 miles
Were You able to get this covered by factory or did you have an extended service contract that would cover it? I've got the same issue going on and I don't think my service contract is going to cover it.

txknight67

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So just to update after contacting chrysler my radio will be covered 100% on a good will fix. Thanks again everyone for your help.
Who did you contact? A dealer directly or Chrysler Customer Service?