8 SPD Transmission Shifting Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
Found it!!! As mentioned had to put it in drive and the press the - button. I had been pressing the +. The number 1 came up and then I scrolled up to 8. So now that I know how to get to it I will try this the next time I'm out and about. On mine it is by the odometer numbers as shown further above.

Now I'm on to locating the function that turns on the mirror sound detection for someone on the road passing you. Have the manual out AGAIN!!! looked all over on the 12 inch computer screen but cannot find the settings there. The quick start manual shows it but not WHERE it is for my truck. The small point in the upper mirror corner lights up but kinda worthless in the daylight. May be in the radio manual that is about 1/2 the thickness of the main one. Ain't this fun? Wish I had a 5 yr old grandchild living close by. He/She could probably find everything I need to know.

I'm every day reminded I'm a dinosaur.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Blind Spot Detection... look in settings for Safety and Security.

And read the manual, cover to cover, for additional information.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Found it!!! As mentioned had to put it in drive and the press the - button. I had been pressing the +.
Yeah, for got to tell you that part.
The number 1 came up and then I scrolled up to 8. So now that I know how to get to it I will try this the next time I'm out and about. On mine it is by the odometer numbers as shown further above.

Now I'm on to locating the function that turns on the mirror sound detection for someone on the road passing you. Have the manual out AGAIN!!! looked all over on the 12 inch computer screen but cannot find the settings there. The quick start manual shows it but not WHERE it is for my truck. The small point in the upper mirror corner lights up but kinda worthless in the daylight. May be in the radio manual that is about 1/2 the thickness of the main one. Ain't this fun? Wish I had a 5 yr old grandchild living close by. He/She could probably find everything I need to know.

I'm every day reminded I'm a dinosaur.
Me, too.

OP
OP
M

Mike Wenrich

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2004.5, 2023 RAM 2500 Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.9 Diesel, 6.4 Hemi
******...I've already read that manual cover to cover three times and I learn something each time. Have not yet read the other "Radio" manual. But I will look for safety and security as you suggest. Thanks for that and I'm sure I will be challenged over and over again. I was rebuilding a one barrel jeep carb yesterday and thought Jeeez, how easy this is. It's complicated now but safer to drive todays rigs.