8 speed swap

Evguy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM1500
Engine
Cummins ISB 170
Congratulations! Its only a fail if you do the same thing again, this time its a learning moment. ;>)
Pan gasket is good to use.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Swapping in things that weren't there from the factory is a pretty ambitious thing these days, with the computer / CANBUS / and other things that require coding. So no judgement from me!

And, even the best of us get to laugh at ourselves. Can't say I've been there, specifically with an unseated plug; but I've been plenty of similar places where I say...jeeze, I'm a dummy.

Super glad you got it figured, rookie mistake or not!

1SLwLS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Congratulations! Its only a fail if you do the same thing again, this time its a learning moment. ;>)
Pan gasket is good to use.

Swapping in things that weren't there from the factory is a pretty ambitious thing these days, with the computer / CANBUS / and other things that require coding. So no judgement from me!

And, even the best of us get to laugh at ourselves. Can't say I've been there, specifically with an unseated plug; but I've been plenty of similar places where I say...jeeze, I'm a dummy.

Super glad you got it figured, rookie mistake or not!

Thank ya'll for the help along the way. I still have to torque the valve body, install the pan, get it level, fill it up, finalize the wiring, and wrap up the interior and with vacation around the corner, it may be a week or two until I get this wrapped up, but I will post back once it is all wrapped up, assuming another issue doesn't pop up first. Thanks again!