89 D150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
to install a new carb you would first have to convert it to carb. looks like a 88-90 which is TBI. really can't do anything to it performance wise with the dumb TBI computer. should be able to do better than 65 with it. with 3.23 gears it should be able to go 95 or more before maxing out. these are bricks on wheels.

OP
OP
BigBlue05

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
to install a new carb you would first have to convert it to carb. looks like a 88-90 which is TBI. really can't do anything to it performance wise with the dumb TBI computer. should be able to do better than 65 with it. with 3.23 gears it should be able to go 95 or more before maxing out. these are bricks on wheels.

It is an 89 but I could have swore I saw a carb. Didnt really look at it though. I'll check when I get home. It probably just needs a tune up honestly. The old man that had it parked it in his barn years ago and bought himself a mew dodge.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
a carb and TBI is not that different looking especially if you don't have the air filter off. if it is still like it was from the factory it should be TBI. most dodges are a bit gutless till they hit about 2000rpm and then they really start pulling. even my 93 is that way. heck you should try driving without 2nd gear like my 89. when it shifts from first to 3rd and it drops to 1800rpm and you need it at at least 2000rpm to keep building speed it can get interesting. once i get pasted 50mph which is about 2000rpm it is not so bad and can build speed a bit easier.

OP
OP
BigBlue05

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
a carb and TBI is not that different looking especially if you don't have the air filter off. if it is still like it was from the factory it should be TBI. most dodges are a bit gutless till they hit about 2000rpm and then they really start pulling. even my 93 is that way. heck you should try driving without 2nd gear like my 89. when it shifts from first to 3rd and it drops to 1800rpm and you need it at at least 2000rpm to keep building speed it can get interesting. once i get pasted 50mph which is about 2000rpm it is not so bad and can build speed a bit easier.

Just looked at it again and it as a holley tb on it and not a carb.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
ya pretty sure there is not really much you can do to it performance wise. a good exhaust and air filter might help it sound and breath a bit better but not likely going to do much for performance. if you got the o2 sensor in the drivers side exhaust manifold you could try moving it into the y-pipe like on newer trucks in hope to get better readings from the o2 sensor. it almost seem like dodge was planing on putting it in the y pipe but for some reason put in a extension wire for the o2 sensor to run it over to the drivers side exhaust manifold.