8HP75-LCV Pan. Thoughts???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
when i want to know if two parts are the same i look up the part #. that isnt always a concrete answer, as two pans could have the same bolt patterns but different capacities for example and thus different part#. but looking at the part # first thing is what i do

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
HI all,

So here is a very nice aftermarket pan that fits the 8HP70 in the 1500...but it doesn't mention the 8HP75. However, I thought they were pretty similar exterior wise.....so would this pan work as a replacement?

https://www.ppepower.com/shop/heavy-duty-aluminum-transmission-pan-ram-1500.html

Thoughts?
Truckin
After looking through StarParts the 8HP70 and the 8HP75 transmission oil pans are the same part number of 68225344AA. I looked at all of the 8HP's from 2013 and up and they all use the same oil pan.

OP
OP
T

Truckin19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Cool,
Looks like it might be a worthwhile upgrade then vs. the OEM pan.
Truckin

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Cool,
Looks like it might be a worthwhile upgrade then vs. the OEM pan.
Truckin
I definitely like the design of the aluminum pan with the removable filter. Aluminum does tend to heatsoak a little more than the plastics do but with the increased capacity it may be enough to outweigh heat absorbed in the aluminum pan. Im not one to back away from trying things so I'd go ahead and do it.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I definitely like the design of the aluminum pan with the removable filter. Aluminum does tend to heatsoak a little more than the plastics do but with the increased capacity it may be enough to outweigh heat absorbed in the aluminum pan. Im not one to back away from trying things so I'd go ahead and do it.

It'd be a mighty hot day for the PPE pan to "absorb" heat,lol. If you're moving at all,the heat off the Y pipe is basically nil as the airflow under the truck will miniumize the heat radiated onto the pan.The outdoor temp would have to be in excess of 180F before you overcome the transmissions general operating temp of 180 to 190F,up till then the aluminium pan will be radiating heat,not absorbing it.