9-drive throttle controller cheap at Amazon.ca

Foisysh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Did you guys have to reprogram the Ecu after install? I have a 2017 looking j to getting one of these.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had the PC on my ‘15 Ram and had intermittent issues with it throwing codes. Removed it just before selling and gave it to a buddy wondering if it was just my truck. Nope, threw codes on his too. He junked it and talked me into the 9 Drive for my ‘18 Ram. Well I’ve been running it for 6 months now without a single issue. Run it in 2.6 as that seemed the most logical spot for my driving style. Great shift points on the highway with plenty of immediate power to pass, drops one more gear than before as well. Perfect pedal response in town in traffic with lane changes and such with just a blip of the throttle. For $54 to my door and a 5min install this thing is a no brainer. I also like how small the key pad is as well. 3.9 is just silly and pretty much not useful, way to sensitive for anything besides track and maybe some mud flat wheeling.

Treburkulosis

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had the PC on my ‘15 Ram and had intermittent issues with it throwing codes. Removed it just before selling and gave it to a buddy wondering if it was just my truck. Nope, threw codes on his too. He junked it and talked me into the 9 Drive for my ‘18 Ram. Well I’ve been running it for 6 months now without a single issue. Run it in 2.6 as that seemed the most logical spot for my driving style. Great shift points on the highway with plenty of immediate power to pass, drops one more gear than before as well. Perfect pedal response in town in traffic with lane changes and such with just a blip of the throttle. For $54 to my door and a 5min install this thing is a no brainer. I also like how small the key pad is as well. 3.9 is just silly and pretty much not useful, way to sensitive for anything besides track and maybe some mud flat wheeling.
I am on 3.9 all the time. I like it on that setting.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am on 3.9 all the time. I like it on that setting.
What gearing? I’m running 392, I could see 321 being ok. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun, our roads are really wet right now and tire spin is crazy as well as down shifting with just a tiny bit of throttle input.

Treburkulosis

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What gearing? I’m running 392, I could see 321 being ok. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun, our roads are really wet right now and tire spin is crazy as well as down shifting with just a tiny bit of throttle input.
3.92s as well. It hasn't really been out in the rain. When that time comes, I will turn it down. Its a lot of fun tho.

Treburkulosis

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi