9-drive throttle controller cheap at Amazon.ca

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
i ordered one too- model 808 63.00 delivered from amazon. i have 3.92s so i’m happy with my throttle response so i thought for 63.00 i’ll get rid of it if i can’t tell a difference. i honestly don’t think i’ll be impressed but we’ll see

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
so i think the deal is these things have 400 hp but its always limited so now im seeing the full potential of what its got

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I had the pedal commander on my 2014 Sport.3.21 axle Amazing. Sport 2 mode for me was enough. Switched to my 2017 Longhorn with 3.92 and it wasn’t quite so dramatic unless I used sport plus. Kept it on tho.
I now have a 21 longhorn etorque with 3.92 and am not gonna get another one. The original won’t fit anyway. So I need rid of it for anyone interested. Wired model. Free to good home for postage only.

OP
OP
OFw Kalli

OFw Kalli

Reaction score
Canada -Edmonton/AB, before Germany, Heidelberg
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
so i think the deal is these things have 400 hp but its always limited so now im seeing the full potential of what its got

even 2.6 is sometimes for me to much (old man lol). Mostly I use below 1.5 as daily setup. In winter was Eco 9 very helpfull so dose exactly the power. After the winter 1.5 was feeling like I ride a rocket :D.
Just for fun - 3.9..... ouch. Thats brutal.
Since I use the 9-drive, I got no motor light, no problems, noting - only fun.
Perfect and way cheaper than the pedal commander

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
even 2.6 is sometimes for me to much (old man lol). Mostly I use below 1.5 as daily setup. In winter was Eco 9 very helpfull so dose exactly the power. After the winter 1.5 was feeling like I ride a rocket :D.
Just for fun - 3.9..... ouch. Thats brutal.
Since I use the 9-drive, I got no motor light, no problems, noting - only fun.
Perfect and way cheaper than the pedal commander
yep im down to 2.4 now and its getting better i may go down to 2.2 or 2.1. really around town i never had a problem other than a sweeping right turn and then i could feel the lag real bad, were it gets on my nerves the most is on the highway- the pedal goes almost completely dead

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
drove on the highway this morning WOW way better!! it feels like 400 hp now lol

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
ok leaving it on 2.4. if all you do is around town driving and have the 392s it’s not that big of a deal unless your around town has lots of curves then it kills the slow down and turn lag. to me where it shines is on the highway i could not be happier!!! the truck drives amazing now and i swear it sounds better and is smoother. for 63 it is well worth it!!!

Foisysh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Did you guys have to reprogram the Ecu after install? I have a 2017 looking j to getting one of these.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had the PC on my ‘15 Ram and had intermittent issues with it throwing codes. Removed it just before selling and gave it to a buddy wondering if it was just my truck. Nope, threw codes on his too. He junked it and talked me into the 9 Drive for my ‘18 Ram. Well I’ve been running it for 6 months now without a single issue. Run it in 2.6 as that seemed the most logical spot for my driving style. Great shift points on the highway with plenty of immediate power to pass, drops one more gear than before as well. Perfect pedal response in town in traffic with lane changes and such with just a blip of the throttle. For $54 to my door and a 5min install this thing is a no brainer. I also like how small the key pad is as well. 3.9 is just silly and pretty much not useful, way to sensitive for anything besides track and maybe some mud flat wheeling.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had the PC on my ‘15 Ram and had intermittent issues with it throwing codes. Removed it just before selling and gave it to a buddy wondering if it was just my truck. Nope, threw codes on his too. He junked it and talked me into the 9 Drive for my ‘18 Ram. Well I’ve been running it for 6 months now without a single issue. Run it in 2.6 as that seemed the most logical spot for my driving style. Great shift points on the highway with plenty of immediate power to pass, drops one more gear than before as well. Perfect pedal response in town in traffic with lane changes and such with just a blip of the throttle. For $54 to my door and a 5min install this thing is a no brainer. I also like how small the key pad is as well. 3.9 is just silly and pretty much not useful, way to sensitive for anything besides track and maybe some mud flat wheeling.
I am on 3.9 all the time. I like it on that setting.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am on 3.9 all the time. I like it on that setting.
What gearing? I’m running 392, I could see 321 being ok. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun, our roads are really wet right now and tire spin is crazy as well as down shifting with just a tiny bit of throttle input.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What gearing? I’m running 392, I could see 321 being ok. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun, our roads are really wet right now and tire spin is crazy as well as down shifting with just a tiny bit of throttle input.
3.92s as well. It hasn't really been out in the rain. When that time comes, I will turn it down. Its a lot of fun tho.