91 W150 Gas tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fliptopheaders

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My old tank has a hole in it. Looking for a new one. Can’t figure out which tank it’s supposed to be. Not sure u want to get one from a junk yard.... seems like that would be almost s expensive by the time it’s refurbed enough to use but haven’t look too hard. Thoughts on getting a used one vs. new? Where and what should I order to get new one? I’ve had a heck of a time so far finding one...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
Not many (any?) aftermarket options because plastic tanks last the life of the vehicle.

I would look for a used one. Www.car-part.com to start

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
locally, all the salvage yard puncture the tanks so they're pretty useless. depending on where the hole is, you might be better off repairing it. like using the hole as a location for installing a drain plug or something in that vain. another option, check locally for a parting out of a truck/parts truck. I'm pretty sure any size tank will fit. I have a 26 gal on one of my short beds and a 32 gal on my second. got luck on that one, someone on Craigslist was giving it away. that one definitely fills up the under carriage.

someone on another forum put a smaller tank (I think less than 20 gallons) where the spare tire lives. gotta get creative with these old trucks. not much support aftermarket.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963