93 d150 5.9 Magnum 215000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatsMyDodgeWorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
A guy really wants to buy my old dodge i inherited from my papa. Kbb said it was worth like 200-600 bucks. It needs a battery and has quite a bit of cosmetic damage due to being a farm pickup. From my experience it will outrun a modern day Chevy with a 5.3 and also outrun a modern day Camaro with a v6. It runs well.
How much could i get out of it?

OP
OP
W

WhatsMyDodgeWorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
It's just gonna sit and rot cause i never drive it. And this guy really wants to buy it from me and fix it up. So how much do you think it would be worth to a dodge fan such as him? Or such as y'all?

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Pics would help on pricing. But I agree you might regret selling it later. But if he's going to fix it up it maybe worth selling it then.

OP
OP
W

WhatsMyDodgeWorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I dont have any pics of it at the moment and im away from home on call for work right now. But it has a few dings and rust spots on the body and bed and the seat is torn pretty bad, the grille is cracked, needs a new a.c. compressor and a new power steering pump. It's a regular cab long bed. 4 speed automatic with overdrive. It does shift a little rough but i think there is something that you can adjust on the transmission to fix that from research ive done. So anyone want to give an estimate? Lol

OP
OP
W

WhatsMyDodgeWorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Lol ok i might just keep it then. Any tips on preserving a vehicle that stays outside?

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It just needs a lot, is old and has a ton of miles on it. You might get up to 1500 for it but who knows. You could always start higher and come down on price, but if you are thinking of keeping it you should know what the least amount you would accept for it is.

A carport would help preserve it some if you have the room to put one and they are fairly inexpensive - the metal ones.

I am in the northeast and there isn't anything that can be done to preserve a vehicle that sits outside here lol. Too humid and wet for anything that isn't driven almost daily. Brake rotors rust within a couple of days, oil and trans pans rust, etc.

Since you are in the midwest and it is much drier, maybe just something to keep the sun off of it or even sun shades inside to protect the interior. Starting it and driving it once a week helps.

OP
OP
W

WhatsMyDodgeWorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Yeah Oklahoma's weather can be rough on things that are outside. 100 degree summers and winters that go into the teens at times. Sometimes in the spring or fall youll get a about a couple weeks of nice weather if God wills lol. But thank y'all for the info y'all have provided. Very much appreciated. May peace be upon you all through Jesus Christ. ❤

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to mention those twisty things that come from the sky! Oklahoma gets some crazy weather at times from what I see on tv.

Covering with a tarp might even work as long as it isn't sitting in a damp area. It will at least keep water and ice out of the nooks and crannies as well as the UV rays off of it. The silver tarps from Harbor Freight aren't bad and are fairly cheap but only last a couple of years.

The 92-93 magnums ran better than the later years - at least the 5.2 seemed to.

Same to you and good luck on whichever way you go!

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i would say $1000+ depending on how the cab is over the windshield and under the floor. having the fuel injected magnum engine is what really gives it most of its value. they only had them for 1 year on the 5.9 and 2 for the 5.2 before completely changing the body style. lots of stupid parts with it would add up to that $1000 easily.

around here you mainly just need to keep them high and dry to really keep them safe but also got to keep them out of long grass even if you have to put some plywood or chemicals down to keep the grass away. i would likely only tarp it if it leaks water inside the cab unless the floors/structure are already rusted out

OP
OP
W

WhatsMyDodgeWorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Nothing on the inside is rusted. Just a couple patches on the body on the outside. Its a really cool looking pickup. Seems like today they make them alot bigger and taller but the ones like mine sit lower to the ground. I used to think i would fix it up and make it a low rider lol.