93 W250 windshield question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The windsheild on my 93 W250 is leaking water into the cab at the bottom two corners, where the A pillar meets the cowl.
Can i just pry back the windsheild weatherstripping a bit and put some kind of caulking in the corners or do i have to take the whole windsheid out?
Thanks.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would replace the seal, but that is just me. I am sure you could do it that way, but its not guaranteed to work.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
you could try to remove the locking strip, pry back the seal and fill with sealer. but I'd be the rubber is brittle by now and will not go well.

precision makes a replacement seal and locking strip. I'd just replace the gasket and clean any rust, paint and ad sealer. then install the new seal/windshield.

Precision actually has a good youtube video instruction to include sealing the lower 2 corners.

1972 - 93 Dodge Truck Windshield Weatherstrip - YouTube

helps to have 2 people but with a little cussing and sweat, one person can do it. I've done 2 by myself. btw, you don't need that special lock strip tool, just a big fat thumb works too.