96 "sport" package...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow_Death

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I opted to go sport mod on my 96. The housings I chose had those long life cheap bulbs and I didn't bother ordering High beams at the time. Now that I'm back at my old job where I leave for work in the dark and go home in the dark I'm probably going to order those 9004's. I've got mine setup differently from the harness that comes with the housings though. My low beams only trigger low beam filaments in the 9007 (outside bulbs). My high beams trigger high beam filaments in both the 9007 and 9004 bulbs. I read somewhere where a guy said he wired in the low beams on both bulbs to run with low beams..... **** that... I temp wired them directly to the battery to test that while before I did any solid wiring... the high beams are a straight forward spot. You'll literally be blinding the **** out of anyone who's down range of you regardless of high beams or low beams if you wire them that way.

dapepper9 likes to recommend Phillips X-tremeVision, I agree. I'll never go back to Sylvania after having these. They're a good $20-$30 cheaper for about the same performance.

I really need to stay late at work one day and align my headlights. I noticed that my right one points off to the right a little bit and I suspect that my left one is aimed a little high.

That's my opinion on the Sport mod setup. It's not that hard to do but I upfit for a living so relays are a part of my work. I did mine with 4x 40AMP relays. I wired them all as a constant ground and power activated. I'm tossing around the idea of wiring the 9007's correctly and having them as a ground activated light. I don't know if it would make any difference in light output though. Then again I'm also considering just buying the harness and not messing with it myself. lol