99 ram lower ball joint install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas Butler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lower ball joint replacement on 99 1500, cannot get it pressed back in. Napa press kit seems a little to short. Are there multiple sizes?

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beware: if you do manage to press in a cheap “white box” non-OEM quality ball joint in there you may find like I did, that a quality part like MOOG will not stay put the next time because the lower A arm hole is now over sized by “just that much ><“

T.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The size issue I mention above happened on my 03 SLT. I noticed that the ball joint I removed had a knurled finish to the outer face that contacted the A arm holes surface.

T.

OP
OP
T

Thomas Butler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Beware: if you do manage to press in a cheap “white box” non-OEM quality ball joint in there you may find like I did, that a quality part like MOOG will not stay put the next time because the lower A arm hole is now over sized by “just that much ><“

T.

OP
OP
T

Thomas Butler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks but I'm actually wondering about the metal cups in press kit. Now I'm worried about ball joints too, 4 for $37.