99 Ram V-10 starts and runs perfect then dies...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roundyracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-10
I've run out of ideas. this truck starts and runs perfect for 3 to 8 minutes then shuts off and will not hit a lick until many hours later and then it will start right up and run. I can squirt starting fluid in the throttle body and it tries to run so I have spark. Fuel pressure gage shows 45 psi and still shows that when it quits. Apparently the injectors are dead when it shuts off. Changed the ASD relay and unhooked negative battery cable and no change. Sent the ECM in for a 418 buck repair and no change. Also changed the crank sensor and changed the cam sensor twice. I'm starting to wonder if the ECM repair amounted to a pretty paint job. Can a dealership test an ECM?

Last edited:

Nysm1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I've run out of ideas. this truck starts and runs perfect for 3 to 8 minutes then shuts off and will not hit a lick until many hours later and then it will start right up and run. I can squirt starting fluid in the throttle body and it tries to run so I have spark. Fuel pressure gage shows 45 psi and still shows that when it quits. Apparently the injectors are dead when it shuts off. Changed the ASD relay and unhooked negative battery cable and no change. Sent the ECM in for a 418 buck repair and no change.
Sounds like you have a short, but it also maybe in the ASD circuit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk