A/C BLOWER SPEED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemitough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How to increase blower speed? It does not seem to be blowing hard enough. Is there an upgraded blower motor? All speeds work and is cold.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Do you have a cabin air filter?

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I too have the same problem. 2014 1500 CC Express. Been that way since I bought it. Doesn't bother me that much but my passengers always complain and I can tell a big difference when riding in other's vehicles. I tried the cabin filter mod but it got worse obviously with the new restrictive air flow so I took it out. Any advice would be much appreciated.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
When it comes to airflow, people confuse volume and velocity all the time. If the amount of air coming out keeps the cabin comfortable then you have enough volume. It the air makes you hair move then you have a lot of velocity. You can have a lot of velocity with not enough volume. The amount of volume it what determines how much you can cool.
I sorta like the fact Ram has made strides to lower the velocity noise of the HVAC system.

OP
OP
H

hemitough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes, added add on cabin air filter kit a couple of years ago. Filter is clean, had same problem before adding cabin filter.

OP
OP
H

hemitough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I live in Florida so it is unbearably hot in truck when sitting outside all day when leaving work.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
This was one thing that I have a dislike for also. My Bro-in-Law has the upgraded truck with the 7 speed fan. I thought that I could swap out the blower and control for more air. I sat in his truck and the 7-way has the same max out and appears that the in betweens are nothing more than a more fine control.

Some times I think the blower is actually sucking haha

OP
OP
H

hemitough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I thought about trying to increase voltage or reduce resistance to blower motor to make it turn faster.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Moving more air volume over the transfer point of heat/cold may not help at all. The transfer is more efficient with a larger surface area and at a certain volume flow, increasing velocity of airflow reduces efficiency if surface area remains the same.

You may have low pressure in your system that is impacting your A/C, bad thermostat impacting heat, etc. If you have zones it is possible the process of shifting airflow or the temperature control is not working properly. Make sure the whole system is functioning properly before replacing parts of it. You can also do things like tinted windows to help. Good luck

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The blower motor already runs off direct battery voltage on high speed so unless you’re going to wire in a step up converter or some kind of transformer, which wouldn’t be a good idea.

The A/C evaporator could also be plugged with dirt and debris. That will inhibit air flow.