A/C clutch stays on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mahilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This problem just started a couple weeks ago. If I run the fan for outside air, the a/c will be on and blowing cold even though the AC button is turned off. The a/c clutch just stays engaged if the fan is running. If I turn off the fan, the clutch then disengages. I turn the fan back on, the clutch will re engage. I have cycled on/off all of the various options for a/c, max a/c, recirc, etc. I have checked all of the fuses and tried resetting the entire system by unplugging my battery. Also checked for OBD fault codes. Does anyone know what would cause the clutch to stay engaged when the AC is off? Thanks for any help. My truck is a 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie with 5.7 Hemi.

Bateman69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
If you have the air routed through the windshield defrost, it will kick on the AC to dry the air, regardless if the AC button is pushed or not.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That happens to my truck every spring & fall. Sometimes I turn the AC on for a minute or so then turn off, sometimes it turns the compressor off sometimes it doesn't. ???? It doesn't seem to happen in the winter or summer