A/C controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pschne1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just got a 2021 Rebel. Came over from a 2019 Chevy Trail Boss which was a great truck but wanted to try something new. So far loving the interior, performance and looks of the Rebel.

i have the 12 inch screen and have noticed that when climate control is in Auto the A/C button is not lit up (and the air blows cool, but not cold) when it is warm outside. When I hit the A/C button the air gets much colder but then it is no longer in auto and I have to manually adjust the fan speed (prefer using auto). In my Trail Boss the A/C was always on when I was in auto.

am I doing something wrong, or is this the way the system works in a Ram?

already learned a ton on this site about the truck and looking forward to learning more.

-Pete

Lunna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Ecodiesel
I have the 12" screen also and climate control was hard to figure out at first. Here it goes, set the interior climate temperature you'd like to drive in and hit the Auto button. You can adjust temp and sync button on Auto side of screen. This is what the owner's manual recommends. If inside temp is above Auto temp desired previously the A/C button will illuminate and turn on until temp drops to preset/desired temp. If you want a blast of A/C at any time the A/C button takes over and you can adjust blower speeds. It takes a little getting used to but patience is needed for Auto climate control and it works!

OP
OP
pschne1

pschne1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok. Thank you!! Everything seems to be as you said except that the A/C light does not come on in auto no matter how cold you set it. It does seem to blow cold air though, so not a big deal as long as the cabin is cooled down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45