A/C only works on Max after UAS 8.4 upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwinSuns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Upgraded my tradesman to a UAS 8.4 Uconnect a few months ago. Everything works great except the A/C only works on Max. If just on normal A/C it stays slightly warm. Any thoughts or ideas?

eric wright

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have the same problem, I’m trying a different hvac module to see it that works if not gonna do the atc conversion they say that fix’s the problem

OP
OP
TwinSuns

TwinSuns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Have the same problem, I’m trying a different hvac module to see it that works if not gonna do the atc conversion they say that fix’s the problem

Keep me updated on how it works out for you, seems like a solid plan!

eric wright

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey I got the new module in yesterday, so the deal is the Annika buttons work fairly well now but the touch screen slider doesn’t work very well it’s either all cold or all hot. So I’m gonna wait awhile to see if the radio learns the new module

OP
OP
TwinSuns

TwinSuns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hey I got the new module in yesterday, so the deal is the Annika buttons work fairly well now but the touch screen slider doesn’t work very well it’s either all cold or all hot. So I’m gonna wait awhile to see if the radio learns the new module

yeah I’m having the same thing happen. Unless it’s on Max AC I just basically slightly warm to hot air, almost impossible to keep it at a cool, but not freezing temperature.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
yeah I’m having the same thing happen. Unless it’s on Max AC I just basically slightly warm to hot air, almost impossible to keep it at a cool, but not freezing temperature.

You need Single zone ATC wiring and sensors...

See: Gibbs' .HVAC Issues w/UAS upgrade.

& Outback199 's 19Classic w/same issue at post 138.

A lack of 'full' heat after radio install using the previously recommended 13-17 HVAC modules from the earlier Ra3/Ra4 upgrade method. (Blend door not making full travel & jumping from full Hot to full cold only!)

** EDIT: adding ATC option fixed issue on all cases including those where HVAC module swap didn't and allowed 13-17 modules to work **

M² Mods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TwinSuns

TwinSuns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You need Single zone ATC wiring and sensors...

See: Gibbs' .HVAC Issues w/UAS upgrade.

& Outback199 's 19Classic w/same issue at post 138.

A lack of 'full' heat after radio install using the previously recommended 13-17 HVAC modules from the earlier Ra3/Ra4 upgrade method. (Blend door not making full travel & jumping from full Hot to full cold only!)

** EDIT: adding ATC option fixed issue on all cases including those where HVAC module swap didn't and allowed 13-17 modules to work **

M² Mods.

Awesome, I appreciate the help! I’ll message you to confirm what I need and place an order.

OP
OP
TwinSuns

TwinSuns

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Update: Just did the ATC conversion with the help of @Mpgrimm2 / M2 Mods and it solved all the problems, I highly recommend it! http://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1458159

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye