A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

demetriew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had any issues with the a/c. Im hearing that its under performing. I have not had any issues in testing.

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the consensus is that it works with in specs but could be better.

My AC was actually low on Freon upon pick up but was an easy fix.

Kevin C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone had any issues with the a/c. Im hearing that its under performing. I have not had any issues in testing.
I know I've seen 1 or 2 guys that have had issues, but no issues for me. I live in CA and we've had some 100 degree days while I've owned the truck, and no issue cooling it off right away. We use a windshield cover when it's parked in the sun, but other than that don't do anything special.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It works but I gotta say it's not near as cold as my Challenger's A/C and to me that says something isn't quite right. I plan to have mine checked out.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm sure that's a big part of it.
Could very well be part of the culprit. I'm not even someone who really runs hot so you guys that sweat when you have your eyes open might have an issue. I'm hoping it's just isolated and not 'the way it is'...

I'm really hoping its not the reason just because eventually we will all end up with it. I've also seen people complaining about its cost and even some claiming its dangerous. This guy certainly doesn't like the change:

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
Mine works but seems to err on the side of low fan speed, rather than getting to the auto temperature quickly. I find myself using Max AC more often than previous vehicles.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine is WAY too cold lol. Of course I get cold easy... but I have to keep it around 76 to be comfortable. I tried the cooled seats this morning and almost froze my balls off lol.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
30017E3B-9C45-40D5-A0A4-4EEDD5F3EC2D.jpeg LOL, I just found the Max AC setting in uconnect. All this time I've only been using the manual knobs. There is no max a/c on the knobs.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got my 2019, and I am not happy with the AC. Will be going back to the dealer when I get my TT controls that were ordered and have checked at the same time.. Will post outcome upon determination...

Dan B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Mine is a little strange. Sometimes it blows cool then eventually gets cold. Sometimes it’s cold right out of the gate. Sometimes my girlfriend closes the dash vent on her side by the window and I get pissed off the next day!! lol.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I posted this on Tuesday: So, guys ....I went in this morning because my cup holder won't "latch" shut. They put one on order ...2-3 weeks for that. So, I told them I didn't feel the AC was performing as it should and wanted it checked out. Mind you.....I've been reporting that mine was fine....and truthfully, it is. So, today it's only 80 degrees and raining. The vent temps were 40* and the evap temp is 39* (don't ask me how the tech checked this). So there is a code: B10EB-4B-BLOWER POWER MODULE-OVER TEMPERATURE first step in diagnosis is to replace blower motor. So, it'll go in tomorrow for a new blower motor.

So, you guys who have issues.......its definitely worth checking out at the dealer. I admitted it wasn't as cold as previous cars but it was fine in those near 100* temps the last couple weeks. We'll see----maybe it'll be able to freeze me now

Now today: I can report that my AC is performing waaaay better. Again, I reported mine was working fine. Now that the blower has been replaced, I'm not saying it's "colder" ..........I'm saying it's more "efficient" ......it's cooling faster, quicker. To this day, I still haven't used "recirculation" mode for my own personal experiences (I just don't like it--prefer the outside fresher air). Also, I don't use "Max" .....and yes, it was close to 100* here, so it's been hot.

My usual set temp is 70* ..........a few times, I've taken it to 72* or had to turn the vents off of me because it's really cooling nicely.

jlo7693

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Liter V8 Hemi
Today I took my Ram into the dealership so that they could work on the RTR for the hood and fix the paint issue. Enterprise gave me a Nissan Altima 4 door as a rental. The a/c in the Altima is an icebox. My Ram gets cold, but not like the a/c in the Altima. FYI, it's 100 degrees out here with the heat index.

Kfield

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just had my ac checked at dealer. It was no where near where it shout be. Temp blowing was mid to high 50’s. Should have been in the 40’s.

The high side port cap made pop noise when removed. The schrader valve was leaking. So I go back Saturday to have the lines replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the consensus is that it works with in specs but could be better.

My AC was actually low on Freon upon pick up but was an easy fix.

OK, when in town, sucks. I took on 4050 mile trip, While on trip cruising down highway, performed OK, But will never match a Delco Remy AC system, LOL