A good experience at the dealership

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grumpy Ol' Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
For "A Grumpy Old Man" you sure are a happy-go-lucky customer. I agree, more than coincidence. They should eat the cost or at least heavily discount the fix. My .02...

Congrats on your retirement, incidentally!
Last Thursday I e-mailed the dealership. Gave accolades to the friendliness and welcoming of the service staff. Detailed the cruise issue, hoping for some relief... or at least acknowledgement. Rec'd the robot e-mail saying my communication had been received and someone would be getting back promptly.
Still have heard nothing from anyone at the dealership. But.... Yesterday (Sunday) on my way back from the golf course I just hit the cruise on/off for kicks. Was tooling along at 30 mph in a residential area. Low and behold, the cruise came on. Huh? Took the highway out to the course this morning and the cruise is working just fine. Almost a week without anything then all of a sudden it's working.
I'm 72. I hate technology. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!! :>)

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
Well said. Love flip top phones with big buttons and large screens. All texting and message function deleted or disabled. My computer is where it belongs. On my desk. My Sony digital, easy to use, point and click camera is where it belongs. On my desk. Do not order more than a SLT cab. Love the RAM logic function and features. Menu is super easy to use. It does no more than what "I want it do" and I can cancel, delete what I don't want.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Last Thursday I e-mailed the dealership. Gave accolades to the friendliness and welcoming of the service staff. Detailed the cruise issue, hoping for some relief... or at least acknowledgement. Rec'd the robot e-mail saying my communication had been received and someone would be getting back promptly.
Still have heard nothing from anyone at the dealership. But.... Yesterday (Sunday) on my way back from the golf course I just hit the cruise on/off for kicks. Was tooling along at 30 mph in a residential area. Low and behold, the cruise came on. Huh? Took the highway out to the course this morning and the cruise is working just fine. Almost a week without anything then all of a sudden it's working.
I'm 72. I hate technology. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!! :>)
LOL awesome.

hotrod45

Military
Reaction score
I'm going to have to go find a reason to get on a highway. What a nuisance.

Well, the reason found me. I had to go for the usual medical appointment and had to jump on an interstate for a few miles. Cruise control worked perfectly, I am very pleased to say. Dealer is Keene Chrysler in Keene NH. I've done business with them since the mid-90s. Even when sales personnel came/went, I continued to do business there because of the service department. Even when service personnel came/went, the service was always top notch. Well, there was a pair of clowns who were there for a very short time a couple years ago, but they disappeared as fast as they appeared. I don't think I've ever had to go there more than once to get anything done. I've bought quite a few vehicles from them over the years, too, and every vehicle was standing tall on delivery.

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I had a good experience with Rick Hendrick CDJR in Charleston, SC. It is the dealer i bought my truck from. I took it to them for the cruise control recall and to add the sales code for my back up camera. My only complaint is it is hard to get in on a Saturday I had to make an appointment 3 weeks out. But when I finally got in there they got me in an out in an hour. If anybody is in the area avoid Hoover. I made an appointment there for the backup camera and when I got there they said they couldn't do it. And I went there again cause I had a leaking valve stem where it goes through the wheel and the scratched the wheel, and acted like oh well it happens. I'm not giving them a third opportunity to mess up again.

jojo750

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
i wont even begin my 2 latest horror stories for my local dealership..
#1. bought truck on a saturday, and it was storming bad.. so they didnt "prep" my vehicle completely.. still had stickers on back windows, etc.. told me to come back, and they would wash and prep. came in the following thursday.. called beforehand to check. no problem.. got there at 1030.. left at 400..

#2. set 830am appt for mirror recall. and computer flash.. whatever recalls those were.. took the shuttle ride home to take care of some other business. got back at noon.. truck still sitting there.. ask about it.. guys says "didnt know you were coming back so soon.."
started working on recalls about 115, got done at 2..

its a shame.. both times, i ask how long it will take. service advisor has No Clue.. send me a survey. i leave a not so good review on both trips.. get an email from dealership asking me to change my survey. and they will give me a full detail. on my 3 week old truck.. i simply say "so you want me to leave my vehicle at the dealership AGAIN for another 5-6hours? that isnt happening.."

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My local dealer is Gupton Motors in Springfield, TN.
I did not buy either of my vehicles there because their sales department sucks big time .
Their service department is a different story, I can't say enough about how great they've been with both of my FCA vehicles.

Schultzestrength

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good experience?

i wont even begin my 2 latest horror stories for my local dealership..
#1. bought truck on a saturday, and it was storming bad.. so they didnt "prep" my vehicle completely.. still had stickers on back windows, etc.. told me to come back, and they would wash and prep. came in the following thursday.. called beforehand to check. no problem.. got there at 1030.. left at 400..

#2. set 830am appt for mirror recall. and computer flash.. whatever recalls those were.. took the shuttle ride home to take care of some other business. got back at noon.. truck still sitting there.. ask about it.. guys says "didnt know you were coming back so soon.."
started working on recalls about 115, got done at 2..

its a shame.. both times, i ask how long it will take. service advisor has No Clue.. send me a survey. i leave a not so good review on both trips.. get an email from dealership asking me to change my survey. and they will give me a full detail. on my 3 week old truck.. i simply say "so you want me to leave my vehicle at the dealership AGAIN for another 5-6hours? that isnt happening.."

Got 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l v8
You guys are lucky. Just picked up my truck from Napleton's Jeep Chrysler Ram in Arlington Heights, IL where I had it in for the cruise control recall and some warranty work (wheel alignment, parking sensors, sunroof leak and driver side rear door adjustment).

Long story short, my truck ended up being there for 8 days just for the recall. Nothing else has been addressed. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I've been lied all these days with all kind of cheap "excuses".

Actually I want to bring up this experience to @ramcares . I hope they are still around.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Normally would take mine to Frontier CJDR in El Reno, OK but just didn't have time to make the drive. So I took it to Fowler in Oklahoma City. So far a good experience (only issue is waiting on a loaner and they didn't seem to excited when I suggested a Hellcat [emoji16]). They are doing the cruise, tailgate (does not apply to my truck but they are going to clear it so I will not keep getting notices) and they are going to diagnose the taillight/rapid blinker issue.
Will give updates.

2016 1500 Outdoorsman 4X4 5.7L

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
FCA didn't have to do this. Dunno if other brands have similar customer assurance programs. I have never had to rely on a dealer or your service, but on behalf of every Ram owner on this forum and beyond, a heart-felt THANK YOU for watching out for us. @ramcares does care!
And they are good. We had an issue with a part on my wife's Town & Country that warranty wanted to deny. Contacted Chrysler customer care and it was done in less than a week. They take care of their customers.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks! I may e-mail the owner/manager of the dealership, being respectful and professional in my inquiry. Sometimes it doesn't pay to always be "grumpy".
At 72, life has been good to my bride and I. Are far from wealthy, but the financial guy says we're okay until about 92. That's 20 more years of playing golf and taking road trips. Getting used to spending some time in a vehicle... putting up with each other. She's kept me around for 52 years next month. Pretty special lady!
There are things in life that can get frustrating... like a mechanical issue with my Ram. Still, it ranks way low compared to the excellent health the Good Lord has blessed us with, our kids and grandkids, and some gnarly old geezers I play golf with.
Thanks again!!!
Congrats on those 52 years! We should all be so lucky.