A Lot of Weird Service Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Telling someone that posts nonsense that it is nonsense is not being a douche in my books. There is way more misinformation and stuff that is just wrong already and increases exponentially as the result of people repeating wrong info they read on the net already. We dont need to add to it.

Well when you get done over here, get over to YouTube comments and straighten that s@*t show out! :)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you notice that your brake fluid is turning dark.
It can't hurt to use a suction device to draw off fluid from the master cylinder & fill it up again with fresh fluid.
Just don't touch the brake pedal or start the vehicle when the cover is off the master cylinder.

Sometimes i think that it is mostly just a feel good procedure, but it can't hurt, is it going to make the wheel cylinder last longer ?

If your brake system was 100 % metal, the color change would take much longer, BUT we have rubber hoses at each wheel.
We do know that a small percentage of air & moisture can *********/permeate rubber.
Moisture, air, decomposed rubber & heat all contribute to contamination

( REALLY ? the word penétrate is a censored ? )

Last edited:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If you notice that your brake fluid is turning dark.
It can't hurt to use a suction device to draw off fluid from the master cylinder & fill it up again with fresh fluid.
Just don't touch the brake pedal or start the vehicle when the cover is off the master cylinder.

Sometimes i think that it is mostly just a feel good procedure, but it can't hurt, is it going to make the wheel cylinder last longer ?

If your brake system was 100 % metal, the color change would take much longer, BUT we have rubber hoses at each wheel.
We do know that a small percentage of air & moisture can *********/permeate rubber.
Moisture, air, decomposed rubber & heat all contribute to contamination

I reported the post and asked them to take pen etrate off the censored list. Site is trying hard to fix the stupid. Snatch in snatch block was censored too, before it got fixed.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

Funny what words are censored her but smileys are fine. Can't say penetrate but this is fine: :3639243774_5f528137:hump::homoswitch::****::supergay::3638400157_e7de35b0

Not that any of them bother me, but I don't get what criteria is being used to decide "pene trate" is bad but those smilies are totally fine.:leghump:

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
The criteria is a pre-determined (unbelievably long) list that the owner has implemented. From time to time it gets revisited. Did you notice that you were able to type that word w/o the censor starring it out?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Telling someone that posts nonsense that it is nonsense is not being a douche in my books. There is way more misinformation and stuff that is just wrong already and increases exponentially as the result of people repeating wrong info they read on the net already. We dont need to add to it.
Douche part of both of your Posts is the very 1st sentence.

"Your understanding of thermodynamics is VERY weak."
"Telling someone that posts nonsense that it is nonsense is not being a douche in my books."

Mostly, it is the usage of words like:
You, My and that kind of stuff.

Additionally, it's the assumption, a person may have, in which they believe, rightly or wrongly, their knowledge is vastly superior, to Others.
Even if true, present in a manner which is helpful, even educational, as opposed to Neener Neener.

Anyway, as my Wife constantly reminds me:
Play Nice.
Be Nice.

Remember, everyone thinks of Canucks, as North America's Koala or Panda Bears.
Don't ruin the Image.

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Admit it, that stuff, right there, was funny

North American Koala Bear?

shrubs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We cut and added a CAF to my son's 2015. There are posts on that all over the web. I thought the 1a auto video was good and followed it. My concern was keeping the condenser coil clean over air quality.

Brake fluid. Definitely keep it fairly fresh. Bought a 10 year old vehicle, and after a few brake issues concluded the previous owner neglected this item.

Tranny fluid. That is often overlooked but is key. I simply periodically drain some and add that amount back. I would avoid the tranny flush jobs some shops still push. Have not seen any shops doing this lately but I would not rule out existance.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
The criteria is a pre-determined (unbelievably long) list that the owner has implemented. From time to time it gets revisited. Did you notice that you were able to type that word w/o the censor starring it out?

Not my forum but maybe just start over by wiping the list and implementing George Carlin's Words You Can't Say on Television...

Seems like it would be much more effective and efficient vs striking down each ridiculously censored word one by one.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Sheldon, or Dean2, as you're trying to be known, here, on this Forum, the Douche part of both of your Posts is the very 1st sentence.

Ignore works great on this forum. Unlike many others, you don't even see their content when somebody quotes them. I have a helpful to ******* ratio and once someone exceeds it, I just ignore them. I wouldn't listen to some idiot ramble on in real life, why do it online?

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
Some ABS systems have a reservoir in the module and some don't. I'm not sure what kind are in the RAMs. I'd suggest you got the vast vast majority of it, though, and wouldn't sweat it.
Thanks for interrupting the Urinary Olympics and responding to my question.
Much appreciated.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Anti lock brake manifolds (control units) are activated by electrical impulses from computer controlled actuators they mimic the pulsation of physically pumping the brake pedal at a faster and technologically advanced measure, (15 times a second) if a valve is clogged by debris from contaminants the system uses a fail safe bypass position in order for non anti lock braking to continue for obvious safety and legal formalities.
When a ABS system actuators are not operating (passive state) engine manifold vacuum pressure to the master cylinder is not enough to position the valves in the anti-lock mode. When the valves are not activated the brake fluid lays stagnant inside the valve control unit passages are not used therefore not all fluid or contaminates are moved.

Some garages use bottom up bleeding methods to help insure air bubbles are not trapped especially with silicone based fluids,

this is probably alright if the pistons and other components with wear related parts at the wheels are removed internally cleaned or replaced before hand.

Because moisture from condensation from the source of heat generated settles with particulate contamination at these lower extremities when new fluid is introduced by pressure activation it is pushed up back into the rest of the system.

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
Mister Luck,
Thank you for the description of the ABS system. Sounds similar to what my BMW had.
After reading I am leaning towards there being a benefit to deliberately causing the ABS to activate from time to time. Seems like force activation just might aid in eliminating the stagnation of old fluid inside the valve control unit.
Please comment.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Brake Fluid itself is not corrosive but moisture that is absorbed is, different types of brake fluid offer more absorption of moisture but this lowers their efficiency.

Designs of ABS systems components and location in regards exposure to temperature changes can under adverse conditions and schedules depending upon the “intended” use may need more frequent maintenance.

There is a contention among the different manufacturers on whether to preserve or recycle the vehicle they produce for public use.

Commercial vehicles are given hours of operation as standards.

Some manufacturers replacement parts after 4 or 5 model years are given to a label of “obsolescence” in which they are no longer in production.

Then it is the option of the vehicle owner to procure, fabricate, or adapt other similar components to replace or repair.
A few Vehicle Manufacturers give in to owner loyalty in their strategy for replacement parts to supply and support their vintage or classic models with original components.

Keep it forever record its history or just use throw away and repeat.

Economics of ownership are sometimes dictated.