A Tip That Keeps Your Ride(s) Cleaner For Longer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Desertdawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought my 2nd Ram, 2011 Laramie 1500 5.7 crew cab. It has a beautiful shine, probably the best it's going to have for awhile...we're moving to Twin Falls Idaho in 2 weeks. Hope the well water there will be kind.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How do you think your Fire Dept always shows up with clean shiny trucks.........Yup, wash, and or rinse if there is any moisture in the air (i.e. rain or wet/damp roads) every time they come back from a call. In the spring and summer we do tend to do a rinse and dry. However, here in upstate NY once Nov 1st arrives and until April 1st (snow and salt season) we have to wash the rigs after every call.

PS, we also rinse out the wheel wells and undercarriage to get the salt off when we wash them.

I try to tell the guys in my firehouse every shift that if we rinse them before they dry they're a lot easier to clean at the end of shift. It's a lot easier to maintain than it is to play catch-up.

You on the city in Schenectady?

Killerbee4649

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow. Talk about First World Problems. :laughing1:

You should come to West Texas sometime when it rains. The water's so hard that your car is literally a different color even after just a 5-minute shower, not to mention that it turns all the dust into basically airbrushed mud.

IF it decides to 'just rain,' that is - usually, we receive our precipitation in the 'frozen concentrate' form (aka 'hail') and someone usually has to file an insurance claim afterward.

I’m in Odessa and every time it rains my Bee looks pretty rough lol I know exactly what you mean! I’ve been thinking about getting a car cover for it when it’s at the shop.

Kirby224

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I live in WA state, I found easiest for me is around spring I claybar truck, quick job nothing time consuming. Then wash with Mckees car wash, then dry, look for any dust I may have missed. Then rinse truck and while wet, spray mckees hydro blue in sections and rinse, then dry entire truck. I do the undercover bed cover same way, wheels, sometimes even under hood but not engine. Turns out like glass on the paint. Then I just wash and dry truck about every 2 weeks. Whole process takes about a hour. I stopped using wax a few years back(hate wax residue) when I found out about hydro blue, I like how it coats everything, wheels, windows, trim etc. Is a super lazy way to have a nice looking vehicle and I buy the sales pack when is good deal direct, cost comes out to like 6.50 a bottle and can do about 2 vehicles. A few I sell to coworkers at $10 a bottle. I even do my 2010 Camaro SS and take to car shows and people think I waxed it. I don't have a garage just a cheap steel carport so I don't like to invest hours into detailing if I can simular results in a hour.

View attachment 187912

View attachment 187913

I am all about finding lazy ways to keep my truck clean! I work 50 hours a week and take classes at night, so I'm always running on empty. I see that this was posted a couple of years ago and I am wondering if you are still using the same products or if you have found something better...?

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't believe i've never thought about this trick. :emotions122:

But i have a trick for water spots. A white truck! :happy175: