AA is driving me crazy, can't shut it down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, considerably off topic here, but I also have to be extremely careful when backing my trailer into our RV building. Very tight side-to-side. But I depend on the mirrors, not my ears, to get it right. But whatever works and all.
Just back it up until you hear the scraping of metal and the tinkling sound of broken glass! ;)

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, considerably off topic here, but I also have to be extremely careful when backing my trailer into our RV building. Very tight side-to-side. But I depend on the mirrors, not my ears, to get it right. But whatever works and all.
OH, I have it all measured out and why marked on floor of garage. Align up left side of trailer/tires and go back to stop line, I am in there exactly by side to side, and front to back and also rafter overhead clearance. Off by more than a foot and U get dat oops feeling, LOL.

Ears just backup in case of Brain drain, LOL. Besides, backing up, with windows up, radio blaring, etc, kinda like backing up, for the lack of a better term, in a vacuum and U depend more on the electronics and camera (which not help anyway since trailer behind truck), there than any perceived skill.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just back it up until you hear the scraping of metal and the tinkling sound of broken glass! ;)
YEAH, not hear glass, but if not stop by line on floor and in perfectly, smack into something: Motorcycle on side, hay other side, wood on floor, rolling tool cabinets, lights, and and and, lmao.

deathbyburito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Are you talking about connecting to wireless Android Auto or wired? There is a way to turn off wireless Android Auto on your phone so that it would only start up if you plugged it into USB. It used to be simple but for some reason they've moved the setting to developer settings. You can still get to it though without too much effort.

OP
OP
jejb

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Wireless. Thanks for the tip. I'm really liking the no wires setup though, with both wireless charging and AA.

OP
OP
jejb

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Besides, backing up, with windows up, radio blaring, etc, kinda like backing up, for the lack of a better term, in a vacuum and U depend more on the electronics and camera (which not help anyway since trailer behind truck), there than any perceived skill.
As I said, I depend on my mirrors, not my electronics or my ears. Radio playing, windows up, etc has no impact on my ability to back my trailer into the RV building. But even if it did, the mute button is pretty easy to push.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As I said, I depend on my mirrors, not my electronics or my ears. Radio playing, windows up, etc has no impact on my ability to back my trailer into the RV building. But even if it did, the mute button is pretty easy to push.
I can back ne thing up, learned long time ago, the smaller the trailer, the more difficulty also. Them friggin 1/4 ton trailers were a monster PITA, lmao.
ADDED: Mirrors are great for sides, not worth a heck behind the trailer, HENCE the mark on the floor, since trailer is a 14' Stock, no rear sight age, hee hee. But then all good, all depends on each individual situation.

ADDED: Backing them 3/4 ton trailers behind a deuce with manual steering was always a workout too, hee hee, but BOIRD was a younger gobbler than. Not like all these newer rides with automatic, and air up/down tires, monster mirrors, etc etc.

OP
OP
jejb

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
ADDED: Mirrors are great for sides, not worth a heck behind the trailer, HENCE the mark on the floor,
Sure, but that has nothing to do with if the stereo is playing or not.

In my case, I have large yellow wheel chocks I back my trailer into. I can see them with the mirrors.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I once bought a 1974 Volvo 144 from a guy who told me the engine was "bad", and that the car didn't run. He asked 100 dollars, and I noticed a fairly expensive radio in the dash. Inasmuch as I was financially destitute at that time, I asked him how much he would discount the car if I let him keep (remove) the radio. I bought the car for 50 dollars.

A friend of mine was nice enough to tow me home using his mid-70's Coupe de'Ville.

I determined that the phenolic timing gear had stripped, and paid more for the timing set than the car.

I drove that car for 2 years with NO radio... just my thoughts and car noises. I sold it for 400 dollars.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sure, but that has nothing to do with if the stereo is playing or not.

In my case, I have large yellow wheel chocks I back my trailer into. I can see them with the mirrors.
Well, we all have our opinions. Just not worth the type space to implore over a radio on when backing, LMAO. Have a great day.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
I did try this yesterday. My VPN brings up a lot of apps I can give permission to, but not AA.
That's because android auto is built into Google not a stand alone app. I just tried notdvpn on my phone for the first time, been using it on my computer and my fire stick for a while. On my phone, it disabled AA with no way to give permission other than pausing the VPN for an hour at a time. Very annoying

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Along as you don't hit Horsee!!!
OH NO, hossie not in da Garage, LOL, Back of garage in hossie area (which is of course closed off), but area fenced off so Hossie always safe. I made the mistake one day of not tying hossie up properly in trailer, and dat Hoss turned around and came out to the end of her lead rope, and slammed me into door. Boy dat hurt.
BOIRD gots lots of Respect for 1,250 lbs of Muscle, hee hee.

painted garage front.jpgpainted garage back.jpg

Last edited: