ABS and Emergency Brake Light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dalrymple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9l
In my 95 1500, both my abs and brake light are on. They came on after my brake pedal has had to travel excessively for the brakes to actually start braking. I replaced the front pads and the rear shoes and springs have been on for around 10,000 miles. Today driving it for a little bit the lights turned off and the brakes worked normally again, but then it went right back to how it is. I believe there I just need to blead the brakes, but I just wanted to be sure that's the only issue considering how I haven't been able to find much information about this online.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Make sure your rear shoes are adjusted properly, then bleed . Might be a good idea to bleed all the old fluid and replace with fresh both front and rears.

OP
OP
Dalrymple

Dalrymple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 5.9l
Thank you, ill take a look at that later this week when I have time, just in case something is wrong when I take the drums off and im not having to put something bad back on the truck

Jkidd

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8 magnum
Might also check the speed sensors. I believe there are two of them.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you, ill take a look at that later this week when I have time, just in case something is wrong when I take the drums off and im not having to put something bad back on the truck
We need the result ,or this site does not function as designed. Cough up what was done.

James T Collins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Turbo Diesel
In my 95 1500, both my abs and brake light are on. They came on after my brake pedal has had to travel excessively for the brakes to actually start braking. I replaced the front pads and the rear shoes and springs have been on for around 10,000 miles. Today driving it for a little bit the lights turned off and the brakes worked normally again, but then it went right back to how it is. I believe there I just need to blead the brakes, but I just wanted to be sure that's the only issue considering how I haven't been able to find much information about this online.
I have a 98 2500, and the abs and brake light indicated an abs problem. Best thing is to check for faults in the abs (anti-skid) system. The system has a hydraulic module, a computer module and some speed sensors. Two wheel drive has one sensor in the differential and four wheel has two more (one each on each front wheel.) Speed sensors can go bad, but most issues are with the computer module. If you cannot read the faults, then it is probably the computer. I bought a used one on eBay and it would work for a while and then not work. Finally, I had the original computer rebuilt at Module Master in Moscow, Idaho. $147 and works like new.