Abs and traction lights on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zuf4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced all 3 vss and the lights still come on occasionally.
What else could it be?

2004 Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Could be a bunch of things, brake fluid level sensor, brake light switch, a corroded connector, broken pin in connector, rubbed through wire, even a bad part out of the box is possible, etc etc. You’ll need a scanner or else your just changing parts in hopes that it’s the fix.

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Just coming over to dodge so not familiar with how Dodge does things yet but if they have the reluctor in the hub for the speed sensor you may he looking at needing a hub. Like someone else said though....get the code and that'll tell you exactly where you need to start.
As a side note.....this reader is kick ass. Reads abs and air bag codes plus live data. Borrowed it from my brother in law and blown away by it considering it's $100.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00652G4TS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_Yi3PCbXG2P181

Edit: just noticed date on thread. I'd hope it's fixed by now.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's highly likely a speed sensor in the hub as rust builds, it pushes the sensor up giving false reading.
1st truck I sanded the hub and reinstalled sensor, fixed.
Present truck I simply pulled the 40amp fuse for ABS motor to eliminate pulsating, just ignore the light.