ABS Control Module HELP PLEASE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 Ram 1500 5.7L 2WD, 87k miles
I'm getting a C2200 fault code; basically "ABS Module Internal Fault" so I'm getting ready to order a replacement module. YouTube vids show this to be a basically easy install, but I can't find a vehicle-specific process for finalizing the install; in other words, does anyone know if there is a specific process to "initialize" and/or "calibrate" the new OEM ABS Module to my truck? Do I need Alfa OBD (which I have), equipment or a special programmer, or does it autocalibrate over time and use? Or am I stuck with going to the dealer? Any guidance with this install will be GREATLY appreciated...thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220404-151952_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20220404-151952_AlfaOBD.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 39

Dudro612

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2014 Ram 1500 5.7L 2WD, 87k miles
I'm getting a C2200 fault code; basically "ABS Module Internal Fault" so I'm getting ready to order a replacement module. YouTube vids show this to be a basically easy install, but I can't find a vehicle-specific process for finalizing the install; in other words, does anyone know if there is a specific process to "initialize" and/or "calibrate" the new OEM ABS Module to my truck? Do I need Alfa OBD (which I have), equipment or a special programmer, or does it autocalibrate over time and use? Or am I stuck with going to the dealer? Any guidance with this install will be GREATLY appreciated...thanks in advance!!!
It has to be reprogramed by the Dealer after install. Was like $150 for the programming after install this past summer. I couldnt find any way to do it with AlfaOBD. Dealer quoted $2k for the replacement, I found the module for $590 install is about 5 minutes 4 screws if I remember correct.

OP
OP
UnkoBro

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the heads-up! For sure the dealerships always try to price-gouge the customer...
**UPDATE**
After purchasing the module myself, I was able to forego the dealership entirely. Thankfully the install was super easy; plenty of room to access the 4 Torx20 bolts, and literally a 5-minute install. Thanks to John Lance (via the FB Alfa OBD Group) I was able to initialize the new ABS Module through Alfa OBD. An ECU Initialization, "Clear Rolling Data", ABS Initialization, and ignition cycle, the ABS Module install was completed...right in my driveway!!!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP, did a new module fix your problem?

OP
OP
UnkoBro

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YES, the ABS Module fixed my issue...and being able to do the install myself AND program it thru AlfaOBD saved me a ton of money, time, and inconvenience. John Lance from the FB "Alfa OBD Group" walked me through it, and it was a breeze! A few steps in Alfa, a 5 min wait period in between steps, and roughly 20 mins later I was done!

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the feedback and info, 'U'. Did you end up replacing other parts in the process (wheel sensors, etc) or just the controller? Glad it resolved your problem.

OP
OP
UnkoBro

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wheel Sensors were fine, so I didn't need to. The trouble code was specific to my module being bad, and the swap fixed me right up

rirvin89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you for the heads-up! For sure the dealerships always try to price-gouge the customer...
**UPDATE**
After purchasing the module myself, I was able to forego the dealership entirely. Thankfully the install was super easy; plenty of room to access the 4 Torx20 bolts, and literally a 5-minute install. Thanks to John Lance (via the FB Alfa OBD Group) I was able to initialize the new ABS Module through Alfa OBD. An ECU Initialization, "Clear Rolling Data", ABS Initialization, and ignition cycle, the ABS Module install was completed...right in my driveway!!!
Are you able to go into a little more detail about the steps you had to take exactly to make work. I just ordered a used abs module and want to know what you did exactly on Alfa obd so I can get my truck back to working order.

Philip Gao

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2012 Ram 1500 got ABS wrong in left rear sensor, this sensor was broken by the packing brake crash...
but the problem is also include no voltage in this cable, finally find one small resistor lost from the control model, this is compare from a used one, the used one can't be replace directly, require a re-programing, right now is waiting the new sensor test, not sure it can work, next work can know this
1654311288087.png

OP
OP
UnkoBro

UnkoBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you able to go into a little more detail about the steps you had to take exactly to make work. I just ordered a used abs module and want to know what you did exactly on Alfa obd so I can get my truck back to working order.
The install itself was easy; 4 hex bolts.
The AlfaOBD steps were easy, too; I had John Lance (from the AlfaOBD Group on FB) walk me through it, step-by-step. I will attach screenshots of our convo (because for the life of me, I can't verbalize it well enough to instruct the process) but it involved a few quick steps through AlfaOBD and a step using a basic scan program (I used the MX+ Scan app that came with my OBD dongle) to rescan all the modules at once, and clear any codes. Programming the ABS Module was easy for sure; just running AlfaOBD to recognize and initialize the VIN of the replacement module, then calibrating the tire size (after the "clear rolling data" command). If anything, reach out to John Lance on FB...he's awesome!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-232146_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-232146_Messenger.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 282
  • Screenshot_20220603-232300_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-232300_Messenger.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 278
  • Screenshot_20220603-232607_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-232607_Messenger.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 276

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone given any thought to using 1k0907379ad in it's place? It's VW branded, but everything I see says the two part numbers cross reference. And they're still available as new for under $300. I may. The cheap bone in my body says hell no. but my curiosity says oh hell yeah.

chris lam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The AlfaOBD steps were easy, too; I had John Lance (from the AlfaOBD Group on FB) walk me through it, step-by-step. I will attach screenshots of our convo (because for the life of me, I can't verbalize it well enough to instruct the process) but it involved a few quick steps through AlfaOBD and a step using a basic scan program (I used the MX+ Scan app that came with my OBD dongle) to rescan all the modules at once, and clear any codes. Programming the ABS Module was easy for sure; just running AlfaOBD to recognize and initialize the VIN of the replacement module, then calibrating the tire size (after the "clear rolling data" command). If anything, reach out to John Lance on FB...he's awesome!
Was this a new module or used you replaced? Thanks

machine5107

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi
Can you tell me which OBD reader you used?
Thanks
Mike

Tampaman60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I found the modules online. I got 1 ftom Mopar Direct for around $250.

sjames0625

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It has to be reprogramed by the Dealer after install. Was like $150 for the programming after install this past summer. I couldnt find any way to do it with AlfaOBD. Dealer quoted $2k for the replacement, I found the module for $590 install is about 5 minutes 4 screws if I remember correct.
Where you able to drive it to the dealer?

Jayson_saxon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone given any thought to using 1k0907379ad in it's place? It's VW branded, but everything I see says the two part numbers cross reference. And they're still available as new for under $300. I may. The cheap bone in my body says hell no. but my curiosity says oh hell yeah.
Where did you see that it cross references? I wonder if it would work.