ABS Engaged in Snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I was backing my truck up to our shop today.
The snow was about 15" deep.
About 50' from the shop, my ABS kicked in and the truck made an ugly buzzing sound from the dash board.
I thought I had hit a log or something in the path to the shop.
I pulled forward about 10' and hopped out to take a look.
There was nothing in the road.......the snow was right under the bumper though.

Anybody have this happen to them?

I was able to back all the way down to the shop once I got back in the truck.

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Never mind, I figured it out.....
Page 184 of the manual talks about Parksense Front/Rear Park Assist System - If Equipped.......

Luckily It can be bypassed. My wife told me that she was able to turn off the "Automatic Braking," from the touch screen.

The Rear Parking Sensors were turned off at the time and it still engaged the Automatic Braking.
I'll have to mess around with it today when the sun comes out.

67440dodge

Military
Reaction score
I had to turn my auto assist braking off on m 19 because the slope of my driveway would cause me to lock up the brakes when backing in, and it takes a few lockups to get in driveway. I'm hoping if my 22 has the same "feature", it can be disabled as well.

OP
OP
D

Down the Tubes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I had to turn my auto assist braking off on m 19 because the slope of my driveway would cause me to lock up the brakes when backing in, and it takes a few lockups to get in driveway. I'm hoping if my 22 has the same "feature", it can be disabled as well.
I was able to disable it yesterday from the touch screen.
Seems like a silly thing to have on a 4x4 truck......

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I turned mine off early on because while in a traffic jamb it slammed on the brakes a cpl. times when we were just inching along and it decided I was going to crash into the car in front of me I guess.