ABS Fault Only when Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jstop11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 quad cab Tradesmen, 5.7 Hemi, 6 speed, 3.55 with ~50k. Over the past year I have lost my trailer brakes 3 times.

The first time there was a wiring issue with my TT that I have since had checked out and fixed. This event did not cause any ABS faults.

the last two event have thrown ABS faults first, listed below, causing disabling ABS, Traction Control, and the Trailer breaks. I was still able to manually apply the trailer breaks from break controller. the two events happened on separate trips but once I got to my designation and unhooked for the night the ABS Faults went away. They did not come back at all the rest of the trip. I only have had the ABS faults while towing.

Does any one have a clue of the issue that could be causing the faults?

Faults:
C0037-1D Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor-Circuit Current Out of Range
C0037-2F Left Rear Wheel Speed Sensor-Signal Erratic
U0415 Invalid Data Received from Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module "A"
U0415-00 Implausible Data Received from ABS

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Looks like you might have an issue with the left rear wheel speed sensor, wiring or the axle bearing is loose causing the issue. The axle could be deflecting more while towing causing the erratic wheel speed sensor reading

OP
OP
J

Jstop11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the help, I'll check out the Axel bearing first.

csuder99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some googling shows that in most cases this is a wiring problem, more specifically a pinched wiring harness along the frame rail. The wheel speed sensors generate very small changes in voltage and current so it doesn't take much to make the ABS module freak out.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963